Anyone else distracted by thoughts of preganncy and babies?!?!!?

Caroline:-)

Mummy of 2 boys &pregnant
Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm finding that in the last few months especially (as we count down to TTC) I am constantly thinking about babies and getting pregnant... It's really distracting me from everything else I'm supposed to be doing, lol!!! I'm studying for my MSc part time by distance learning (which is v hard work) but I keep detting distracted from my study and assignments by daydreaming, planning, this forum and all sorts of other baby/pregnancy type websites!!!! I've got so much to do what with my MSc, full time work and doing up my house for last year and a half.... Aaaarrrrrggghhhh! Please tell me I'm not alone in this obsession, haha!!! :shhh:

hey yea i know the feeling i find myself staring at strangers babies, wishing i had one of my own :( i watch documentry programmes on babies and find myself gettin emotional just seeing how gorgeous they are and praying that when i do TTC i will have a lovely healthy LO. i am at uni fulltime and find i spend alot of time looking on sites, browsing baby books and thinking of finances for when i do TTC! at least you've got a date to look forward to now! me and my OH are going to move to TTC xmas 210! x

me too, i have moments when thinking about being pregnant again and having another baby get that bad, it makes me wana put off goin back to college to TTC sooner lol but i know deep down i cant, i have to finish college and at least START uni before thinking about TTC number 3 =) xx

I love this thread, I think about it constantly!! :rofl: defo an obsession! I am also doing my MSc part time as part of my grad scheme so I'm also working full time, it's such hard work and I should be thinking of other things, but nope, my mind is consumed by thoughts of pregnancy and babies!!! :D xx

Glad to hear it's not only me who feels like this. I even get that caught up in it I look through baby websites and price everything we would need. Think I am worse at the moment because hubby and I start to try at end of June and I really can't wait x

LESLEY x

YES!!!!!! WTT has completely consumed me. Babies and pregnancy and breastfeeding and cloth diapers is all I can think about anymore...it has truly become an obsession for me, and I'm really not pleased by it. I'm really trying NOT to let WTT take this much control over me and my life. :dohh:

Lol. Yup. I babysit an 8 month old and it masks me want another one. Also DH parents are asking when we're going to ttc again.

Yay, glad it's just not me with the crazy baby obsession - thanks girls!!!:friends:
I've taken the day off today to do an assignment... but so far have just been on here... ooops! Really must get on, lol...:shhh:
The thing is, I've wanted a baby for YEARS (I'm 30 now) but it's just wasnt't the right time until now... and I was able (most of the time!) to put baby thoughts out of my head for practical/sensible reasons... but since we decided on a time to start TTC I can think of nothing else!!! haha... But yeah, good to know it's not just me!!!!:loopy:

I should also be doing an assignment right now... but baby planning is soooo much more appealing! I just can't help myself but think about it literally constantly - I have never been so focussed on something in my life. Not even my degree! Maybe if I could apply this focus to job applications, I'd have a training contract by now?? :haha:

I spent a whole 2 hours the other day looking at moses baskets online... I love them! Lol.

xx

I'm constantly getting distracted by it, everything i do always ends with me thinking will this benefit me/baby/oh for when the time comes. I even put reminders on for baby programmes all the time, infact guys theres something called "bringing home the babies" tonight on home and health at 9pm, looks interesting.

yhh theres another baby programme on tonight too, its called 16 and pregnant, on freeview channel 21 (viva) at 10pm :thumbup: will definitely be watching it =D

I spent a whole 2 hours the other day looking at moses baskets online... I love them! Lol.

xx

My newest baby obsession is the sling wrap... just the other day I was pouring over the beautiful slings at Maya wrap. I feel like buying one now!!! It is definitely going to be one of my first purchases after a BFP... I just love how a mommy and baby look so natural when using those...

I always look at prams, toys, clothes etc then get mad at myself. When I was pregnant the first time, it wasnt planned so I had all the excitement of trying prams and looking for baby stuff. This time around I will know exactly everything I want so there wont be that same element of excitement. We have chosen between two prams already, baby names everything, (and my chap isnt even baby mad like me) there will be nothing left to do once Im pregnant :cry:

xx

My newest baby obsession is the sling wrap... just the other day I was pouring over the beautiful slings at Maya wrap. I feel like buying one now!!! It is definitely going to be one of my first purchases after a BFP... I just love how a mommy and baby look so natural when using those...

I dunno how I feel about slings. Not looked at them...

But found this the other day...

Hammock

I want one so bad. Just read the reviews.

Think I'll be buying one when preggers.

xxx

xx

Hammock

xxx

I love it!!! What a fab idea!!! Quite pricey though...

Babies are definitely a huge distraction! I keep telling myself that I need to sort the wedding plans out first, but I just can't help myself! :cloud9:

Hammock

xxx

Cute idea, but I think my cats would want to sleep in it too!

Yeah quite pricey but if it gives nights full of sleep its worth the money!! Haha.

xx

Caroline, I had severe baby fever just before I got pregnant with my now 2 year old son. One of my best friends from high school was pregnant, my nephew was always over here...I was just nuts. It happens...that baby fever stuff. lol Which is why I'm back on baby forums and websites. lol It's hit me again.

Right now, I'm supposed to be doing school work as I'm attending an distance-learning program to get my MSW.. but baby&bump is so much more fun! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->