Anyone else do EC??

i truly tried this when nothing was sorting LOs rash. I had read about it ages before so i gave it a proper go by having LO nappy free (since i was doing nappy free ANYWAY because the rash) on a towel. This was before he could crawl or sit. But he has NO cues AT ALL! Hinestly, not even subtle ones. He continues what he is doing, no pauses, no schedule, nothing. A few times it has been like an hour of nappy off time before he woulr wee once and others he wees straight away. He even did a squirty BF poo on the floor once (towel on hard wood) and he didnt show any signs. Sometimes he wees when feeding, others he didnt, but when he did, there was no change in the suckle or anything. So I couldnt do it! I figure that once he is walking (which will probably be early because he has done all other things early so the natural progression should be walking early) I will ask if he has to go and we can form our own thing. No doubt he will walk before he talks so it wont be true EC but a form of it, i reckon. His skin is so sensitive that even though i love my cute nappies, i have to be realistic, the sooner he can be free of nappies the better for him

My LO also got a rash and I did nappy free - it helped so so much. Now he doesn't even have a bit of redness (yay!). I couldn't have done nappy free while Bun was strictly bf, as he was a poo machine - and it wasn't pretty. I found out later that he had a dairy intolerance that was contributing to it, but at the time if there was a cue (if!) then you had a split second to respond if that. It is really only since he has been eating solids and having regular poos (log poos - haha) that I started doing it. He poos wayyyy less and more regularly so it is much easier to deal with. xx

I do it too! My daughter is only 8 weeks old, but I haven't changed a poopy diaper in weeks. She pees so often that I don't bother trying to catch those, though. She'll often pee in the toilet when I happen to be holding her over it, but mostly she just pees in her (cloth:) diaper...

Just went today to an EC playgroup; a handful of moms and cute babies of various ages hung out on some blankets in the shade, and one person brought a little potty so the babies would have a place to go!

Lotsa fun.

I do it too! My daughter is only 8 weeks old, but I haven't changed a poopy diaper in weeks. She pees so often that I don't bother trying to catch those, though. She'll often pee in the toilet when I happen to be holding her over it, but mostly she just pees in her (cloth:) diaper...

Just went today to an EC playgroup; a handful of moms and cute babies of various ages hung out on some blankets in the shade, and one person brought a little potty so the babies would have a place to go!

Lotsa fun.

That sounds so great! I am going to an EC class in a few weeks. I'm pretty late for it (most people there will be pregnant or have a newborn) but maybe I can catch some advice for older ECers. xx

I need to find a potty small enough for H's lil bum :rofl:
She loves the bumbo toilet seat, and 'driving' her totsbots potty around but she's all wobbly and too small for both really :/

I need to find a potty small enough for H's lil bum :rofl:
She loves the bumbo toilet seat, and 'driving' her totsbots potty around but she's all wobbly and too small for both really :/

I have the Baby Bjorn Little Potty - it's definitely the smallest one out there! It's also inexpensive and fits his bum really well. Bun isn't really big either (19lbs). He is wobbly on it too though - so I have to hold him steady. xx

I suppose we do it in very very part time form. I try my very best to catch all of Ella's poos, which are easy to see coming. I am still very hard pressed to catch her wees at all.

We did it to some extent with dd2 as I was at home and had the time. People usually get confused when I say we did EC as I also say we didn't start potty training until 18 months but I don't see EC as early potty training , just being in tune with LOs Elimination needs and the way I saw it, one less pee or poo on her skin in a nappy was ideal. It was also good to encourage baby to pee before nappy free time which minimised accidents.
The drawbacks for me, especially with peeing were that I don't think it would work 100% for us because of the climate and the way of living here. I do think though that it made potty training easier as when she started formally training, I was very aware of her patterns and routines. I doubt we'll be going down that road this time though as I have to go back to work this time around.

Asda do a tiny potty too and Market it as suitable from 4months :) we don't ec but G does go on the potty each morning

We did it to some extent with dd2 as I was at home and had the time. People usually get confused when I say we did EC as I also say we didn't start potty training until 18 months but I don't see EC as early potty training , just being in tune with LOs Elimination needs and the way I saw it, one less pee or poo on her skin in a nappy was ideal. It was also good to encourage baby to pee before nappy free time which minimised accidents.
The drawbacks for me, especially with peeing were that I don't think it would work 100% for us because of the climate and the way of living here. I do think though that it made potty training easier as when she started formally training, I was very aware of her patterns and routines. I doubt we'll be going down that road this time though as I have to go back to work this time around.

I also don't see EC as potty training - more like mama training!!! Training me to catch the poos LOL!!

But I do think it will make potty training easier in that I will know his patterns (like you said) and he will already be used to using the potty. I think it is easier for him to poo in the potty too, as it gets him in a good position haha!! :haha:

xx

We're intending to do it very soon. Our LO is only 4 weeks old and I still am not getting any sleep but when we're a bit more with it we'll start... Here are a couple of sites I've been perusing https://www.timl.com/ipt/
https://www.diaperfreebaby.org/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"