Anyone else dread going to bed as CAN'T SLEEP??? Driving me mad & nights neverending

thethomsons

Reaction score
I go to bed and baby decides its disco time in my tummy, then I need the loo (3000 times) then I can't breath, then I get numb, then I have to attempt to roll over, then I am WIDE AWAKE!!!

By morning I am a wreck and so it goes on and on and on .................

23rd May tomorrow, baby due 23rd June, getting into a countdown at last. (PS have tried counting sheep but doesn't work lol)
:sleep:

The last few nights have been pretty rough for me. Last night I was going to bed wondering how much sleep I'd actually get! Not fun!!

I just can't get comfy! I'm usually a toss and turner in bed but now it's a little harder! I sleep maybe 2-3 hours at a time and otherwise spend the time reading or on Facebook lol.
I figure it's just a way to prep me for the nights to follow once babes is born!

I feel you n every night it gets worse. I even tried sleeping aids :( I would suggest unisom works great and its safe

Amen sister! I have the same problems too! Been having (really thankful) a very smooth pregnancy so far, but this week (since Tuesday turning 32 weeks), I have found sleeping quite hard too! Waking up to pee, then your leg gets numb from sleeping on one side, and oh man the effort it takes (not to mention it hurts too) to turn to the other side...! I'm due middle of July and won't lie and say I'm looking forward to him turning up a bit earlier!

I'm with you on this. I am desperate to go to bed of a night in hope it may be a good sleep but not happened yet!!

I get numb hips so have to keep swapping sides, then I get pins and needles in my hands, arms or legs. Then I also have to get up to the loo already 6 times a night.

I can sleep for no longer than 40 mins at a time. It drives me mad!! I may try sleeping on the sofa tonight already that way if I can't sleep I can't watch tv or read without worrying about waking husband.

I have insomnia when I'm pregnant and I hate it! I'm one of the best sleepers in the world otherwise lol

I've taken up crocheting and found it has helped a little - it relaxes me before bed, but doesn't help when I wake up at 3 am every morning :(

I'm with you on this. I am desperate to go to bed of a night in hope it may be a good sleep but not happened yet!!

I get numb hips so have to keep swapping sides, then I get pins and needles in my hands, arms or legs. Then I also have to get up to the loo already 6 times a night.

I can sleep for no longer than 40 mins at a time. It drives me mad!! I may try sleeping on the sofa tonight already that way if I can't sleep I can't watch tv or read without worrying about waking husband.

I could have written this reply myself! My braxton hicks are so bad at might too, tried drinking more water but then as soon as I wake up in the night I have to pee immediately! It's not fun at all, but keep having to remind myself it will over soon :flower:

i do relaxations cds goin to sleep and when i wake up in nt if i cant go back , i listen again with head phones. this worked up until last few nts, :) now im same as everyone else :) it does work up to a point though.
also i have bath or shower before bed and try to slow down my drinking later on at nt .
if all else fails i nap by day, im just back out of an hours sleep :)
im being induced in a few days so end is in sight for me and then its sleepless for bub instead , he ehee

I haven't slept in months. I'm 39+2 and more than a little bit fed up now :-(

Im the same, can't sleep longer than two hours at at a time. So exhausted and short winded all throughout the day. Can't wait for baby to get here!

I do dread nighttime as well :(. It's the breathing thing for me. I end up on the couch for most of the night and only sleep for about 4 hrs in an out while my hubby is getting his 8 in. But then I nap during the day as well.

I couldn't function at work if I was still working... I'm glad I'm on mat leave so I can have naps.

At least I will be used to being awake during the night when baby gets here though, and can nap while she naps during the day!

I wake every hour with sore hips and standing up is the only thing that helps, then I go to the loo as well. So yeah, I dread going to bed every night & it's becoming really old very fast.

I hardly ever take any pain meds but notice that when I do, I sleep longer but the pain is worse when I wake up grrrrr

Just try to think of the big picture and what we get at the end of all this :)

I slept on the sofa last night managed 3 hours straight. . . YEAH!!

I'm starting to develop irrational thoughts about smothering OH at night as I'm so jealous he can sleep. I have to sleep semi upright due to night-indigestion and there's only so much Gavison you can neck before you start feeling a bit sick. Also - it doesn't help that OH has gotten rather affectionate and has 'helpfully' taken to cuddling-in... no actually - more correct to say - trying to lie virtually on top on me! (whilst miraculously avoiding squishing the bump). I have to ask him to move to his side of the bed as sometimes the bump hangs over my side... yup - THAT bad... I am also appreciating (not) his breath and dulcet snoring directly in my face or in my ear.

I love him so much... but sometimes I want to punch him in the goolies.

Also I am convinced that 'Wee Bertie' has installed a disco glitter ball in my uterus as round about midnight to 2am I can actually see him having a boogie in the bump. I'm not sure if it's an auditory hallucination, but I swear I hear some thumping bass 'choons round about then too. I'd join in the party - but then I have to get up and go pee.

Or not pee - just sit on the loo and feel mildly cheated in life.

I'm also at he point where I dread going to sleep at night. Not only do I have my own issues, but my toddler still wakes up at night and then my DH sets an alarm for 4:30. I swear I come close to beating him every time he hits the snooze button. Lol

I completely sympathise, I'm barely sleeping more than 5-6 hours a night and even then usually only 1-2 hours at a time max. My husband's snoring also keeps me awake loads, and I get really annoyed.
Ok so there's not much we can do about the discomfort and the need to pee, BUT, I got really stressed out the other night with baby kicking, and hubby woke up because he heard me start crying. He got out his iphone and started playing opera (specifically the flower duet seems to work best) onto my bump. The iphone speakers are at the bottom, and if you press them against your tummy it sort of reverberates through the amniotic fluid, can't imagine how loud it must sound in there, haha. Anyway, baby always calms down when we play opera like that and it really does help with the actual 'getting' to sleep part anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->