Anyone else driving their OH up the wall with baby obsessions!?

alicea

PCOS
Reaction score
hey i actually cant stop thinking about having a baby, we have decided to stop BC in October which is when we go on holiday. I find myself spending all day thinking about it, watching programmes on birth. Also as i am a Nursing student i am doin revision at the moment which involves me watching videos on breastfeeding and labour!!! i cant escape babies!!! aahhhh think my OH is gonna go mad :wacko:by the time it comes to TTC! everything is making me broody! anyone got any strategies to try and keep urself from daydreamin about babies???? lol

xx

It is very hard hun, once it gets into your head its like an obsession! I was like that a few weeks ago but when I spoke to my OH and realised that he really wasnt ready I just knew that I had to stop as I did not want to cause him undue stress. That was the only thing that worked for me ... plus thinking about how much I love my full nights of sleep haha!

yea see he wants one as much as me, just dont wanna go on about it so much that it puts him off! think i will have to limit it to 1 conversation a week lol!!! i am a student nurse so am used to night shifts and living in halls at the moment so also used to restless sleep do to partying younger flat mates! x

Hehe doesnt help being on here xD

I used to do that, my husband was so overwhelmed by me and my baby madness!
I decided to quit doing it, because my husband felt like I was pushing him.
Few weeks after I quit talking about it so much, he told me it'd be fine if we'd use condoms from now on and the withdrawal method.
Which he knows isn't the most effective form of birthcontrol.

I guess he just needed some more time, to think about it all and process it in his brain..since with us ladies it comes totally natural, we have this instinct of having babies, i guess. :winkwink:
Most guys just take a while cause they do not feel that natural instinct as bad as us.

That would be me. I'm driving OH out of his mind with my broodiness.

My baby obsessing has really put a strain on my relationship as well. I have know my OH for over a decade and we have been together officially since Dec 09... I am 29, in school again and will be for the next 4 years so having a baby now isn't the best idea (even though we both have stable incomes).

We don't live together yet either. We actually had a productive talk last night and he told me that if he were to have kids with ANYONE, he would with me. Finally, I am moving from San Francisco to Oregon for the summer. We are going to see about moving in together when I return and then see how things go from there.

My advice: get on the same page via compromise. Even today, I feel soooo much better and less hell bent on conceiving NOW. I am okay with waiting as it is best for all involved. =)

Hang in there and try to relax and remember that a relationship should be solid unless you want to be a single parent - not that it is always a bad thing, but you know.... :winkwink:

My OH has told me he can hear my biological clock ticking :p Also, the other day I was saying how much I want to be a mom and he says "I know, you tell me every 5 minutes." But he also says its cute how much I obsess so I really don't try to curb myself.

"lemongrass" thats just like me! like i say " i really want a baby" and i get "i know u do "lol

"lemongrass" thats just like me! like i say " i really want a baby" and i get "i know u do "lol

Same here. I'm lucky my OH wants one too (isn't ready though) or else I'm sure he would have run screaming from me.

I don't think i have annoyed OH with it yet, but i do try and talk about it minimal amounts. I tell him that i come on here to talk about it and i find that it keeps the relationship sane, rather then making him feel pressured and stressed (you know what men are like).

kassy thats why i come on here! so i dont drive him into changing his mind cos at the moment he wants to TTC loads and cant wait but theres only so many conversations the poor bloke can listen to!! haha >

kassy thats why i come on here! so i dont drive him into changing his mind cos at the moment he wants to TTC loads and cant wait but theres only so many conversations the poor bloke can listen to!! haha >

As soon as i mention something (sometimes) he gets "distracted" by the tv and goes on a total blank, how rude :haha:.

My OH doesn't know how broody I am, and I know he'd just tell me I'm too young to have a baby yet (I'm nearly 25!!). Sometimes we joke about how we would raise our children, but most of the time, say for instance when I do silly things, or nag him, he'll say "gosh, what will your poor children be like". 'Your', not 'our'. It drives me mental, we've been together nearly 3 years, and its like he is still in denial about the relationship ever moving forward, like he never pictures a future with both of us, while there I am imagining telling him I'm pregnant, how he'll react to the birth, or what he'll be like as a dad etc :blush:

I think I started to get really annoying about it so I made it a point to watch how much I talked about it. Now I find that he's the one that makes comments so it definetely worked out well for me. I didn't want to drive him away with the idea with my obsession about it. I also realized it's not good for our TTC so I chilled out

My OH is amazing about it, he knows how much I can't wait to have children and bring it up himself these days :cloud9:

Even though he isn't ready, thats okay because I want to wait a while too, but I don't think I will have too much of a hard time when I want to actually start TTC in a few years. We only use withdrawal method around ovulation time for contraception and he is aware of the chance, but would be okay with an oopsie :D

My OH wants kids too. He had previously said that he wanted kids in 2 years from now but now has told me that he hates deadlines and wants to make a baby when he feels ready. We had been using the pull out method lately but I told him to wear a condom until he wants to try for real. Hopefully that will make him realize he wants to try sooner than he thought!

If you like I can tell you a few stories to put you off a bit? Lol well probably not cos I'm still back in WTT but when I start obssessing I try to remember the bad bits but stupid hormones are blocking them out! I'm driving my husband crazy with the 'when we have another....' comments lol.

i have to stop myself sometimes and bring it up when oh is in good mood. its nice when he brings it up to xx

Oh my god my OH was talking to my son today and talking about brothers and sisters and he said well you don't have a sister "yet" - OMG I nearly died but tried so hard to mask it as he felt really bad as he knows how my I want to TTC! Why can't men get the hormone urge like us!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->