Anyone else driving their OH up the wall with baby obsessions!?

My OH wont even let me talk about it anymore. So I am driving myself up the wall and you lot with my obsession!!

xxx

It's not driving him up the wall but he says he sure does notice :blush:

I watch all kinds of birth/baby programs and it does not help either that I would have been a paediatrician if only I was smart enough! He really wants one tho and cant wait until we start TTC :kiss:

I have driven my oh so mad he has shouted at me to shut up about it :blush: - He did actually say that the more i was going on and on about it the more i was driving him away from the idea so i had to calm it.

I cant help it - he knows how much i want to ttc and he does want kids too but he doesnt want to talk about it at all until we are ready financially etc to ttc. So for now we are not allowed to talk about it although sometimes when he is in a good mood i get away with speaking about it for ten mins or so which is lovely.

xxx

Oh my gosh I am a shocker. Have been clucky since I could talk... Buying and storing baby stuff in my teens... Now 26, with DP for 2 and a half years and still no closer to a DD or DS :nope:

He's so anxious for 'financial security' - but as others have said on other posts and threads, when exactly is that? He's pitching 3 or 4 years. Don't think I can survive that. Is that unreasonable?

Weird thing this month, we've had a couple of arguments over me not finding a new job yet (markets tough everywhere is it not), but then twice we had whoopsies that were totally more his fault than mine. I have PCOS so am not very fertile, but he usually has the attitude women are fertile every day of the year.

Then lo and behold he just turned up on lunch and dropped me off a coffee and mag combo. An OK mag, front page covered in celeb parents and titled Hollywood Baby Boom. Now as you know, merely mentioning pregnancy sends our phobic men running, he's either blind or perhaps secretly growing a paternal instinct that's scaring him.

Sorry so wordy, I'm in the 2ww following those woopsies and want someone to blab to!

My advice is probably don't go on about it, just try to be a good woman so he'll believe he can trust you to be a good mother and partner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->