Anyone else eating REALLY unhealthily?? Or just me

Bunnikins

Reaction score
Anyone?

I keep trying to eat proper meals, meat, vegetable, fish etc but i just feel a bit sick at the thought... but give me cake, or chocolate, or crisps and ill eat it no problem.

Why is this? Is it all in my head? I thought u were supposed to crave what ur body needs? Why would my body need cookies???? Its not short of sugar/fat thats for sure!

I hope baby doesnt inherit an unhealthy appetite from my eating terribly :blush:

I am the exact same, just the worst especially for snacks and salt i just don't want anything cooked and Im sure its why i feel so awful :( tbh right this second the thought of anything except a boots beam wrap is vile but i don't think they even make them anymore :'(

Before getting pregnant I always thought I would be super healthy...and then I got pregnant

Minus the ridiculous amount of fruit I eat, because that is all that sounds good to be honest, I drink a pepsi a day, eat candy, fries, and fried chicken fingers.

I'm not to worried about eating super healthy right now, I am just trying to make sure I have an adequate calorie intake and in second trimester I'm hoping food will look a little bit more appetizing.

So I'm in the same boat at you! Trying to eat healthy, but if it doesn't look/smell good I don't eat it

The overwhelming nausea has gone now for me, but put a plate of healthy food in front of me and it comes back again. I spent ages cooking a nice turkey dinner with veg and potato tonight... couldnt eat it.. but managed the apple crumble and custard just fine :)

Oh man, what have you done? I sooooooo want some apple crumble and custard RIGHT NOW! Where in the UK are you, can you bring me some???!!!!

Sorry u dont stand a chance... it was all gone within seconds :)

Girl, I ate sonic chili cheese fries DAILY with my son from 16wks till birth.
This baby LOVES sweets and fried foods. Anything from a drive thru, but I have been keeping up with my walking and now trying my best to eat healthy and no more take out at all.....I have gained 14 pounds so far (I only gained 20 with my first by birth!!!) so I'm trying t take some control. But could also be that I was almost underweight starting out this time around and that's why I'm gaining so fast.

I dunno what sonic chilli cheese fries are but I know i want some NOW!

Meeee I'm addicted to anything chocolate especially chocolate biscuits, I managed my first proper meal today in about 6 weeks! Veggie sausages, mash, peas & gravy :D

It's these!

https://www.sonicdrivein.com/MenuItem/snacks-sides/chili-cheese-fries

I was eating very healthy before I found out I was pregnant and now all I want is everything horrid. It is like I am constantly PMSing (I always crave junk a week before AF). All I want is pizza, cupcakes, animal fries, mashed potatoes, garlic bread, donuts... anything horrendous for your health. I managed to force a peach down the hatchet last night. I am not nauseated or anything, if it is healthy, it just does not sound good.

*cue boring reply* there is actually some science behind craving sweet food - in years gone by, our ancestors would have collected berries to satisfy a sweet craving, thus taking in essential nutrients for baby's and mums health, so body wants nutrients = sweet craving . Unfortunately, the biscuit tin is often nearer than the nearest blueberry bush these days and so we satisfy the craving with a slightly less nutritious alternative. Not sure how that works with the chilli cheesey things though ! :)

Interesting. i did genuinely wonder why scientifically I would go off healthy food but really really crave junk food so thanks for the reply. Im not fancying any berries though... i guess the apple in apple crumble might be near enough??

Yeah my tastes have changed as well. The first food to make me gag was a marinated steak I made, then next was frozen vegetables. I don't want half the stuff I used to want. All it seems I want is hot chocolate, sometimes some fruit (although I've been in the habit of taking a few bites and then abandoning it lol) sometimes chicken, and just anything I can get down. Pumpkin soup has been really good, that I can eat! Prunes also have been good if I'm low on blood sugar. I just make sure I take my prenatal vitamins because I'm not eating as properly as I used to before I was pregnant. At one point, I was eating toast with mayonaise and sliced pickles and salt! And that's all I wanted! So... a bit hard to eat exactly how people say you're "supposed" to eat when your taste buds AND stomach both seem to change :haha:

*cue boring reply* there is actually some science behind craving sweet food - in years gone by, our ancestors would have collected berries to satisfy a sweet craving, thus taking in essential nutrients for baby's and mums health, so body wants nutrients = sweet craving . Unfortunately, the biscuit tin is often nearer than the nearest blueberry bush these days and so we satisfy the craving with a slightly less nutritious alternative. Not sure how that works with the chilli cheesey things though ! :)

Ooo now I want a bunch of berries! :haha:

I wish I could eat more unhealthy food (like french fries) but I can't, I get EXTREMELY sick. It's not MS due to pregnancy, my body is just very sensitive to food in general and I've trained myself throughout the years to ignore those cravings for the unhealthy stuff because I don't like spending the better part of a week feeling like crap.

Someone eat some french fries for me. :(

Well at the moment my diet consists of....toast with butter, crackers with butter and ginger biscuits and only between the times of 11am and 5pm!

So not doing too good either! I promise I'll eat loads of fresh fruit and Veg when this awful nausea goes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->