Anyone else expecting, and planning a wedding?

makinababy78

Reaction score
My partner and I are getting married in May. I bought my dress months ago. Since my partner is female, obviously this was a planned pregnancy - maybe it was a miscalculation of how MUCH I'd be showing or not believing it would actually work - but here we are. I'm 5 weeks, and we can't move the wedding. :) Invitations are out, venues are booked with deposits, flights are booked.

So, I love my dress. I've begun to look for maternity dresses for the wedding, but they just looked like giant frumpy sheets. I'm going to attempt to get mine modified instead, it's a ball gown A line style dress. Ironically I bought it because it was so form fitting in the torso! I'll be 21 weeks at the wedding, so I'll be showing for sure. I'm hoping it can be let out a tad and then add a very forgiving corset back to it.

Wish me luck in finding a REALLY crafty seamstress who can modify it to fit my pregnant body!

So this also means I need to keep the pregnancy weight gain in check, and gain no more than the recommended. Because even with modifications, at that point, there's no way in hell it would fit! :shrug:

I'm going to continue to look for maternity dresses for that just incase, but wow. Someone needs to start making some better looking dresses with so many couples co-habitating and getting pregnant before marriage now!

It sounds like you have a great plan and it makes sense to me!

Congrats on both your pregnancy and your wedding - 2014 is an exciting year for you! xx

I'm 16 weeks pregnant and planning my wedding which is 8 weeks after my due date ! Wedding was already booked and pregnancy planned but 2 miscarrisges meant it happened a big later than hoped for. I'd kind of given up hope so bought my very fitted wedding dress before finding out I was pregnant - oops. No idea what size I will be 8 weeks post delivery so no idea what I'll end up wearing !

Good luck with your wedding, I'm sure you'll get sorted, I've seen some quite nice maternity wedding dresses online

well i WAS going to get married this august. but when i was trying to book venues last year everywhere was already booked so we decided to wait a little longer. and by the time the date of my wedding came around i would be 8 months along lol. we are just taking one thing at a time. ( i already have my wedding dress bought:( i wanna wear it all the time lol)

haha I hear you, I bought cute white cowboy boots to wear under the dress and have tried to wear them out on several occasions only to be shut down! So hard to wait until then, they are awesome!

Yup! Me too! I'm 10 weeks this week and my wedding is March 7th. I'm panicking with my dress as well but high hopes it all works out.

Congrats and good luck!

Congrats, you should post your gown, I LOVE weddings!

Beautiful dress! We booked our wedding for this dec before we knew I was pg. I need to find something that will cover whatever is left of a twin bump!

I got married just after I delivered my daughter at 27 weeks. When I went to look at dresses they had me order two sizes bigger. It literally fell off of me when I went to try it on the day after I delivered. They had to order one in my regular size to arrive a few days later. I went with an empire waist that wasn't "maternity". You won't necessarily be big (especially at 21 weeks). Even when I had my twins I wasn't big until the very end.

I had a corset back put in my dress and it allows for a fair bit of give if the seamstress knows what they are doing, in my case it was the opposite issue but the way my seamstress set it up i could range in size from a size 8 to a 16 so if they are good you should be ok.

Omg I'm panicking too, I've just had a baby boy (4months ago) and were expecting again. I'll be 30 weeks prego at the wedding. Getting married in June so it's too late to postpone. And like you said all the dresses look like tents!!!! Ggrrr there is one I like the look of but not 100% sure about it. Good luck with the dresses ladies xxx

Hi I feel you! I'm getting married June 7th and I'll be 29 weeks! I bought my dress last year. It's a size 20 and a corset back so I'm praying it fits! It was big when I tried it on, we tightened it pretty good so maybe the can do some work so it will fit. I'm freaking out!

I'm in my friends wedding in July. One month before my due date! We just bought our bridesmaids dresses and they made me get a size 30! I'm hoping I'm not that big the dress is already $200 and I don't want to pay out the ass to get it altered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->