Anyone else feel 2nd pregnancy tougher on the body?

j1405

Mum to Ethan and Ruben
Reaction score
Hi,

So i'm in the 2nd trimester now (20 weeks) and man I feel like I should be in the 3rd already! I am not experiencing the wonderful 2nd trimester everyone talks about... I'm already pretty damn uncomfortable!!

My body and lower belly just aches all the time and personally my first pregnancy was not nearly as achy as this one.

I'm small built and my belly is out there already!! Doc says its bigger than last time but baby is not bigger and measures on the dot.

Anyone else feel like this too?

Absolutely! I'm on my 3rd and each pregnancy has progressively gotten worse.
My first was pretty easy. Morning sickness was gagging but nothing too terrible and aches didn't happen until 3rd tri.
2nd was a little worse. Morning sickness was still gagging, but got triggered easier. Aching started a lot sooner and was a bit worse. I carried DS a lot lower than I did with DD though so that could've been the reason why.
This time.... I'm 26w currently and feel like I should already be 40w lol.
Morning sickness was gagging and throwing up all over the place and lasted until around 18w. Aches started in first tri and haven't stopped and I'm HUGE. I'm a lot bigger than I was with my other 2. I could still wear my fat pants up until delivery with other 2, this time.. I couldn't fit in to anything at 14w and had to go out and buy myself some super stretchy pants lol. Baby is measuring bigger too so I'm sure that contributes.

I'm more exhausted this time but I blame that on the crazy toddler, I never appreciated how much my work colleagues looked after me when pregnant with DD. I'm a SAHM now and it's much tougher.

Other than that not much different but sure that'll change as I get bigger....

Yes! I'm on my 6th and each one is harder than the last!

With my 2 y/o (last pregnancy), it was my first pregnancy over 30 y/o & I said to my dr, gosh, pregnancy after 30 hurts! And she said, it's not your age, it's b/c it's your 5th! Each one gets harder for your body...ok, makes sense lol

My hips and back start to ache pretty badly (luckily haven't started yet, but only 16 weeks), round ligament pain, groin pain...not looking forward to that again! But, thinking back, it probably didn't really start to be noticeable until 4 (but I could be wrong lol)

Oh gosh yes!! I'm 26w with my second and I honestly feel as wrecked as i did at 40w with DS. I am tired, sore, can't get comfortable, swollen like mad and a grumpy cow! I can't wait to finish work this time round, and I can't wait for baby to be ready to arrive! X

Definitely! This is my second and I'm reading all the stuff saying most women find second tri to be the most enjoyable part, and I'm over here like "I cannot survivor another 16 weeks of this" haha. It was so much better the first time, the back and hip pain this time has been brutal, and it started around 18 weeks. The heat pad and I have become best friends.

I've already started waddling too. Pretty sure that didn't start until much later last time.

I mentioned the severity of my back pain to my OB and he said it's completely normal, that you feel everything more with each subsequent pregnancy. You'd think it'd be easier since your body has been through it already.

I feel massive here, so much achier and tired, and emotional!! I think having a demanding 2 year old me constantly and working too is the cause of a lot of it.

I actually was thinking about it more after I replied - I genuinely don't know if my body can take another 14w of it! Baby feels so so much lower this time, the pressure is crazy, it's like he is already engaged. It makes me wonder if I'll make it to 40w'

Def harder second time around! Feel the aches so much more - this time my sickness was worse, I feel like I'm getting pains already and like someone else said, it feels like like 33 weeks not 23!

Also having a nearly five year old keeping me on my toes really is challenging. When i was pregnant with my son I could rest, now there is never a moment. On a Sunday I try and rest as my husbands home but I don't have much opportunity as my boy always calls for me. Which I love but I'm desperate for a rest! x

I'm with you on feeling my achy in subsequent pregnancies. I'm on my third but my second and now this one were much harder than my first pregnancy as far as pains. My first pregnancy went smoothly. I had no morning sickness at all and felt pretty good until the last few weeks when I was getting insanely huge (she was almost 9 lbs.). With my second I had morning sickness from 7-16 weeks and with my third I had morning sickness until almost 20 weeks. With both I had almost constant heartburn, stretching pains especially around my belly button area and pelvic girdle pain.

About to be 18 weeks now and YES, I remember being slightly uncomfortable with SPD/PGP the first time around started about this time. But this time around my SPD pain started at 9 weeks! Just feeling tons of aches and pains already. My doctor said I sprained my lower back, the same way you'd sprain your ankle. So that doesn't help either lol. I can't stop thinking about how much more growing the baby has to do! I think I the will feel more rewarding when I can feel the baby :)

oh yes this has got to be my worst pregnancy symptom wise ... still being sick, hip and lower back pains, groin pains all started at 14weeks for me ... I constantly tired too ... Im even doing a weekly countdown LOL

This is number 3 for me & im really feeling it this time.

My last two pregnancies were fine, the second one I had more morning sickness & felt a little more tired at the end but who wouldn't with a two year old. Both times by 18 weeks I felt great, had that lovely pregnancy glow, lots of energy, sickness & crappy symptoms gone.

This time I still have bouts of nausea tho the actual sickness has gone. I get little tiny snippets of energy. It's like I get a good day, like yesterday, then the next day I feel like a sloth walking through a vat of treacle.

I can't say I have any more aches & pains as yet to the last two pregnancies but it certainly feels harder. I'm off to Glastonbury festival in a few weeks, I'll be 25 weeks & I don't know how I'm going to do it, & it's not like I haven't done it before, hell I did it at 35 weeks in a heatwave.

Yes! Much more aches on my stomach way more naseaus and fatigued.

I'm only in my mid 20's and this pregnancy has been so much harder already! Everything aches! I feel like an old lady!

My hips hurt, sciatic pain is there, more nausea. And the fatigue is awful the second time lol I need to go back to bed when I wake up!

Hahaha thanks for all the comments ladies! I feel better now! Thought I was just being a wimp this time round.

Yip I think the fact that my 3 year old still insists that I pick him up about a dozen times a day and working full day has an impact too!! I feel very achy in my lower abdomen this time round and just over all uncomfortable.

damn, glad I know its gets worse with each pregnancy as I will remind myself of this should I ever consider having a third ;)

Respect to the ladies with more than 2 kids already!

Well, it is evident that a long 19 weeks awaits me till my son is born. sigh!

I'm on my third pregnancy, and at 24 weeks I feel like I'm more like 40 weeks! I was fine during the first trimester but as baby is growing it feels like it's really taking its toll on my body.

This is my third baby in three years so I think my body is starting to protest! X

oh yes my toddler also still wants me to pick her up ...

Im also on my third baby but 4th pregnancy and its putting so much strain on my body ..

I'm opposite. It is my 3rd baby, and so far the easiest pregnancy. After ms in the 1st tri I feel pretty much ok. Of course, I have aches and pains, but not as bad as previous two.

Also, am praying that will not get spd this time around. Had it really bad with 1st 2.

Might have do with the fact, that I started this pregnancy being much slimmer than with the other 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->