Anyone else feel guilty for having such an easy pregnancy?

kimmy04

Reaction score
The more stories I read and people I talk to seem to have had a much harder time with pregnancy than I have! I'm almost starting to feel guilty, or feel like I am guaranteed to have a difficult labour because everything else has been a piece of cake! Only had morning sickness twice, didn't show until about 6 months, no stretch marks, not one single complication, lots of energy and generally feeling great and happy! It can't all be this smooth... can it? :shrug:

I know what you mean. I had m/s in the beginning, but it went away once my 2nd tri started. I only have a few stretch marks, and I haven't gained a pound. Besides the normal pregnancy stuff, I would say mine has been fairly easy as well. I just hope labor isn't a nightmare. My bestfriend had horrible pregnancies, but easy labors. I have 12 days left and hope this little girl will come a lot sooner...

Sure it can...you are one of the lucky ones :) I have to say that I'm pretty lucky on the whole. I'm really big and still have 12 weeks to go, but other than heartburn and a bit of nausea here and there I've felt ok during this pregnancy. Mood swings...hm, now that's another story lol. Just enjoy it and hopefully you'll be so fortunate with your next one.

Nice to hear others feeling good still also! I think the worst part for me so far, which I isn't even a bad thing, is the amount of time I sleep at night. I can sleep soo much but I never feel tired? I'm getting like 10 hours of sleep every night, even when I think there is no way I can sleep so long again. I'm wondering if I should be starting to get myself up early to prepare for when LO is here!

My pregnancy has been a breeze too. No M/S, downfall is i`ve gained tons of weight but people say they don`t see it only in my belly, no stretch marks (thus far, still 12 weeks to go) .. since working at a retail store my back has been a lot painful than when i was just going to school and i`m kind of wanting to quit but i will gut it out as far as i can until i`m due and take maternity leave when LO arrives.

Sometimes I worry that everything is going *too* smoothly, and that's just leaving room for a bigger failure. But I'm weird like that. The day of my wedding, everything went incredibly smoothly, and I started worrying that it meant something very horrible was going to happen. My bridesmaids all thought I was insane when we found out that we were short one bouquet and I started smiling.

I also feel really guilty for how easily I conceived. We got it on the first try, and I really didn't think that was going to happen. And I feel like having a baby was something I was supposed to struggle for, not just instantly get what I want.

Same for me! My Midwife told me that the majority of women have a good pregnancy, they just don't talk about it as much (not meant in an offensive way to women with painful pregnancies). Forums and such are mostly used to find answers to questions about things that go wrong, so obviously you'll read a lot more about the scary sides of pregnancies!

Personally I've never been sick or had anything else than being tired, which is easily fixed with a nap in the afternoon. Don't feel guilty! Feel blessed!

Thats great!!!

I was the same with my first baby!

No sickness, tiny bump which didnt appear til 25+wks, no stretchmarks....was convinced that having had such a easy pregnancy I would have a difficult newborn but Anna is now 16 months and it has been so easy til now (thats forgetting the first few months!)

This baby brewing now, must be the terror tot!!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->