• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else feel they have everything except a child?

Nat0619

Mummy :-)
Reaction score
Hi Ladies :hi:

Anyone else feeling like absolutely everything else is now sorted in their life, there is just a :baby: missing now?

This is actually the first month that I now don't have any worries about getting pregnant, ie about it maybe not being completely the 'right' time. I was with my ex from age 17 to 32 (married him at 27). We never tried for a child as never had the finances, always struggled with money. We separated 4 years ago and divorce now sorted. Met my current OH nearly 3 years ago and moved in with him nearly 2 years ago. He is SOOO much better for me than my ex ever was and will make such a perfect daddy :thumbup:

Career and finance-wise, I am now also at the best point to have a child. I was made redundant from my full-time job in June this year, after working there for 19 years. Devastating at the time but my length of service means I have some financial security. I am starting a new part-time job next week and also doing two home study courses in subjects that I can do freelance from home. Due to looking for work etc it would probably have been a bit awkward if I had fallen pregnant before now as no-one would have employed me! Obviously we never stopped trying (I'm 36 and can't waste any time!) but maybe, just maybe, things happen for a reason. But now there is no reason a :baby: shouldn't come along surely!

Sorry for the essay ladies, just something I've been thinking about the past few days x

Yes, I totally know what you mean, I've waited so long to be married and financially secure, and now it hasn't happend but I'm not giving up.

Wow Futuremommie, your signature shows you've certainly been through it over the past couple of years. Were those procedures horrid?

Have you had all the tests now and had the all clear that everything is fine? Hope you get your :bfp: very soon x

:dust:

The worst was the abdominal myomectomy, it was surgery similar to a C-section to remove the fibroids, I was out of work for 7weeks. We have finally been cleared so I am now on follistim injections and plan to have another IUI.

How about you, whats next for you?

I've not had any tests or anything yet. Plan to in the New Year if no :bfp: before then.

We've been actively ttc since March this year, so about 7 months, but did have about a year of NTNP since then. I'm 36 too so can't waste much more time.

x

yes, i agree. my career is in a great place at the moment (oops hope that doesnt curse it!!) and i can work from home as much/little as i want so ideal, my hubby is great and we have four gorgeous neices who we love spending time with - but now everyone is wondering where our baby is! with my step-sister and cousin pregnant, there is lots of talk of it all at the moment. really happy for them, just wish we could be sharing the experience. ah well keep trying eh?

While I don't feel like a baby is ALL I need, I do certainly feel like a baby would be an extremely welcome addition to our home, and I do know that timing won't be any better than it is now--happily married, parents and grandmother are alive and relatively healthy, secure job, hubby happily employed, etc. etc. I am prayerful that we will have a child in the immediate future! :)

It's kinda funny... cause I never felt like I needed a man to fulfill me... and I was single for a LOT of years before meeting the love of my life (whom I cannot imagine my life without)- but with a baby, it's a different feeling... like there is this place that is empty and waiting for her/him... and that is saying a LOT for me. lol. As I wasn't sure for a lot of years if I would ever want a child- I'm sure being single for so long sorta put me in that place. But after being a wife and mother (to my lovely step-daughter)-- it just HIT me how ready I am to have a baby. Like it would complete our little family. It may have taken me a bit longer to get to that point- but once your there, it's a rough road at times... this TTC journey has been wonderful and frustrating at the same time ;) But I do have faith it will happen... when it's meant to be... and like finding my hubby after all those years, all that lead up to it will be more than worth it :)

Anyone else feeling like absolutely everything else is now sorted in their life, there is just a :baby: missing now?

Hi

I wanted to post because this is exactly how i have recently started feeling. I have my own home, a good job now (after 2 redundancies) a lovley car, a fab hubby, my own horse, all the things materially i could want (we havnt got alot of money but we get by) and i realised iv got everyting i need except my own family. I am not baby mad (i hope its ok to say that on here?!) but i want my own family unit sooo much:blush:

I hope everything goes well for you:hugs:

This is actually the first month that I now don't have any worries about getting pregnant, ie about it maybe not being completely the 'right' time. I was with my ex from age 17 to 32 (married him at 27). We never tried for a child as never had the finances, always struggled with money. We separated 4 years ago and divorce now sorted. Met my current OH nearly 3 years ago and moved in with him nearly 2 years ago. He is SOOO much better for me than my ex ever was and will make such a perfect daddy :thumbup:

Career and finance-wise, I am now also at the best point to have a child. I was made redundant from my full-time job in June this year, after working there for 19 years. Devastating at the time but my length of service means I have some financial security. I am starting a new part-time job next week and also doing two home study courses in subjects that I can do freelance from home. Due to looking for work etc it would probably have been a bit awkward if I had fallen pregnant before now as no-one would have employed me! Obviously we never stopped trying (I'm 36 and can't waste any time!) but maybe, just maybe, things happen for a reason. But now there is no reason a :baby: shouldn't come along surely!

Sorry for the essay ladies, just something I've been thinking about the past few days x
you are sooo like me!
met and married first hubby, separated 31/2 yrs ago and divorced now.
New partner for past 3 yrs and living together for 2!!
He is a great dad to his own now nearly grown kids and he knows how much having a baby means to me and he is completely there for me...unlike my ex!!
My ex didn't want kids but only told me when i wanted to start trying after 6 yrs of marriage. After a yr of unprotected sex no BFP so off to doctor who confirmed he was basically completely infertile. But i had to have all the tests too, including tubes check with xray flush (HSG? i think its called)
That was all nearly 4 yrs ago.
Now ttc and nothing happening and getting stressed!
Have i missed my window???
i get so annoyed at myself for staying with him as long as i did ....it would kill me if now i still cant have what he took from me!
Rant over!:blush:
Now all i need is the cherry chubby cherub on top of my very happy life cake!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->