Anyone else finding it hard?

holsx

3rd Trimester
Reaction score
Hey everyone, my baby is cumin up 6 weeks, n im finding it rli hard, he cant b happy for 5mins, he jus ends up crying. Anyone else got a really cryey baby?

Awww bless

Adapting is quite hard fullstop. Poss a little more wind - does he try to bring his legs up? Anything at all that could maybe indicate discomfort?

Yes, my baby Katie cried most of the time when she was awake for the first 5 or 6 weeks then there's been a huge improvement. She's really settled down now - not sure if it was mild colic but she seemed to have stomach pains and couldn't get wind up. I changed formula and also used loud noise to get her to sleep - kitchen fan etc. It does get easier - my daugher is 10 weeks now and the last month we have been getting into more of a routine and she is smiling and laughing a lot more now.

Yes, my baby Katie cried most of the time when she was awake for the first 5 or 6 weeks then there's been a huge improvement. She's really settled down now - not sure if it was mild colic but she seemed to have stomach pains and couldn't get wind up. I changed formula and also used loud noise to get her to sleep - kitchen fan etc. It does get easier - my daugher is 10 weeks now and the last month we have been getting into more of a routine and she is smiling and laughing a lot more now.

Im using sma atm, what fomula ru using?

I was using sma and changed to Cow and Gate Comfort - it's for babies with sensitive stomachs. I didn't think Katie liked SMA. I'd discuss it with your health visitor. Some say not to change formula but it worked for me. I did research on google and found that a lot of babies weren't satisfied on SMA. My friend had changed to SMA white as her baby boy is hungry all the time.

I was using sma and changed to Cow and Gate Comfort - it's for babies with sensitive stomachs. I didn't think Katie liked SMA. I'd discuss it with your health visitor. Some say not to change formula but it worked for me. I did research on google and found that a lot of babies weren't satisfied on SMA. My friend had changed to SMA white as her baby boy is hungry all the time.

Iv started using sma 4 hungrier babys, but its since then that hes bin grumpy. I wana change, as alot of ppl have said about cow and gate n their babys being better on it. Can u jus change it or du have 2 do it gradually?

I just changed all at once and there was no problems. Only thing is babies get very runny nappies and loud farts (not very ladylike!) on this milk but it doesn't do them any harm. I've rang the cow and gate helpline a few times and found them really helpful.

ok, and where can u buy this milk i dnt think iv seen it at our tescos?

Kaida cries a lot, too. Sometimes it makes me feel like I'm not making her happy enough... Other half tells me I'm being stupid for feeling that way.. :blush: but I can't help it.

I'm using cow and gate for Grace and I've had no problems with it. She is a bit whingy too when I'm not holding her and she wants a bottle (which is pretty much ALL the time)

Yes, it's in tesco in N, Ireland so I'm sure it's in England. There's only one row of it and it's beside the normal cow and gate. It's in asda as well. Stage one for babies up to 6 months and stage two for over 6 months. I found it separated when I put it in the fridge so I make it up fresh. You'll see a thread from Tabs in the breast and bottle section - she uses room temp water and says its doesn't separate. The lady on the cow and gate helpline said to make it fresh to get the best benefit from it. Good luck with it if you decide to use it

Kaida cries a lot, too. Sometimes it makes me feel like I'm not making her happy enough... Other half tells me I'm being stupid for feeling that way.. :blush: but I can't help it.

Thats how i feel, like im not makin my baby happy, n it rli upsets me. He doesn wana b cuddled, he jus screams at me. :(

Katie doesn't really like being cuddled - she likes being held facing away from me as she like to see the tv and watch whats going on. She also prefers lying on her playgym or in the bouncer or swing than being held.

I put him in his bouncer n after 5 mins hes cryin again. :( thats wat i mean wen i say he isn really happy

I put him in his bouncer n after 5 mins hes cryin again. :( thats wat i mean wen i say he isn really happy

He just wants to feel safe and secure with his mommy.He will outgrow this over the coming months.Later when he is a toddler he does not want to be held at all, so enjoy it while you can.Yes,it can be annoying at times but if you can survive childbirth,you can survive this.Good luck!

Ella was the same and i was using sma , i changed to Aptimal ( closest to breastmilk) and its worked wonders :)

im gonna try cow n gate comfort for sensative babys, anyone else had a cryey baby n changed milks?

hey hun i just posted on your other thread too.
First off it isnt you! i think our babies could be twins lol!

get the comfort 1 cow and gate....its un morrisons tescos and boots but it clearly says comfort one with a milk drip dropping into a lake of milk if that makes sense.
Sometimes it is the Lastose content and this milk has i think only 2.3 or 2.9(cant remember and too lazy to go to kitchen lol) compared to sma at around7 or 8.
Give it a go.
There is also something on the market called colief but its 10 quid for 7ml!!
It breaks down lactose as some babies find it hard to break down themselves.
I got one lot for tabs and it did make her a bit better but too expensive for more so i went with the dr browns bottles.....get 2 and alternate them and see how you go....bear in mind though the comfort 1 is thicker so you would need bigger teats etc. I use dr browns level 3 teats (sold separately)but make sure you feed LO slowly as this is the only teat it drips effectively through

I cannot stress enough check to see if it is over tiredness
When you get up in the morning or whenever write it all down and start by getting up either you wake baby or wait for baby to wake......then feed baby/plenty or burping (i give a quick burp before feeding too) then babys activity (changing,washed,dressed,talking,singing to him/her,bath)whatever you want then wind down slowly,put in buggy propped up on pillow so they can see you etc still then once they show the tired cues try getting them off to sleep,rocking (tabs will only ever be held over shoulder and rocked) you will see them staring as if they will never go to sleep! this is part of the sleep process....wait 5 mins in the same positions.....then you will start to see them nodding off.I always look in the mirror to help. then put baby down etc and do YOUR stuff.
anyway the point is babies get tired after 1-2 hours.
Tabs fights sleep and wont do it herself so this is an example....
7am she wakes so i feed/burp etc (half ish hour maybe?)
7.30am wash and dress her and talk to her while doing it (takes us up to 8 maybe?)
8am prop her up in buggy while i wash up or sterilise stuff etc or get stuff ready to go out.
Keep watching out for her to yawn...if you catch it then then GREAT! then help them fall asleep.
Sorry im babbling on now lol.
They also say that babies who snack can be quite colicky too xxxxxx

I meant to say hang in there too.
I still get irrational moments when i blame myself for being crap or something.
I know when tabs screams wildly now it is just her being overtired.
How does your LO sleep over night?
and start writing it all down,feeds,nappies,poops and sleeps and when grumpy etc

This has made me want to change to cow & gate because i think ciaran gets a sore tummy alot :( is it too late to change but :S ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->