Anyone else freak out at first time nipple leakage???

motherearth23

Reaction score
Okay, so I totally plan to breastfeed and look forward to it actually.. so I was kind of surprised when my first reaction to seeing my boob leak was "EWWWW" lol. About an hour after I took a hot shower, I looked down and noticed some dried bit of something on each of my nipples. I sort of poked at it and picked it off and my nipples were oozing clearish/yellowish fluid!

Has this happened to a lot of other third tri's? I honestly didn't think nipple leakage was a thing until later in the third tri.... I think it just freaks me out because up until this point in my life NOTHING has ever come out of my boob before.

Still excited about breastfeeding, but grossed out a bit at the crusty nipple thing. :(

Haha this happened on second tri for me... Not lots but on and off clear stuff that turns crusty sorry tmi lol

I am so used to it and over it now but I was totally like ewwwwwww at first lol....

Think it's normal coz ur not used to it... I am also totally excited about bfing as well funnily enoigh

My first (and only) experience of it so far was roughly the same time as you and I woke during the night to go to the toilet and felt my PJ top was wet. My first thought was 'bloody hell that's a lot of dribble' ha. I then realised that of course it's too much to be dribble and it's also next to my boob! I was slightly freaked out, and although I knew it could happen, I didn't really expect it to. It hasn't happened since at all and my boobs seem a little smaller which is a bit odd.
Hopefully all will be ok to breast feed and by then we will have become a little more prepared for such things haha
Bx

I remember the first time this happened to me with my first pregnancy about 25 weeks, I freaked out, I leaked so much I needed to wear breast pads!! It will dry in and go crusty but you wont even notice after a while!! I went on to breastfeed and was totally shocked at the huge milk let down, it was loads and loads so be prepared for that!! My boobs never really dried up after breast feeding so I have loads of milk during this pregnancy!! Dont be freaked out by it, breast milk and breastfeeding is wonderful!! :flower:

Mine started the other night while i was laying in bed. enjoying abit of naked starfishing after a bath. rolled over onto my side and my nip started leakin all over my arm lmao

First time it happened to me, my fiance thought it would be funny to tease me and pinch my boob, and not even to see if Id leak or anything, just to be a dork. Well, I leaked. A lot lol. Scared the hell out of me haha.

Oh god yes! I got leakage in the second trimester & haven't had any in the third which is weird I think. Hoping I have cholestrum (*sp) there for little one when she arrives as I'm 36.5 weeks now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->