Anyone else get sick with a cold early pregnancy?

ttc126

Mom of Boys
Reaction score
I'm 4+4 and ever since my bfp at 3+3 I've gotten progressively worse cold symptoms. I feel terrible and am too scared to take anything. Did this happen to anyone else early on? I feel like maybe my body will fight the cold instead of the baby.

Yes! But mine lasted only 48 hours right around implantation. It's very common. The mother's body lowers the immune system so it doesn't attack the fertilized egg during implantation, giving the egg the best chance of survival! It's a really cool thing! Of course, being sick is no fun and you're more likely to get sick now that you're pregnant. So get plenty of rest and wash those hands frequently!!

I found out I was pregnant at 6 weeks, and I had a cough that lasted for a few weeks. I didn't take anything for it and it just kind of went away.

I had a cold at 2 weeks along followed non-stop by bronchitis, weeks of a mutating cold passed around by my household, a sinus infection, then finally got all better at 16 weeks along! I didn't take anything for the colds, just an ACV tonic 3x a day for the bronchitis and sinus infection (1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar in 1 cup warm water with raw honey to taste). It worked beautifully. Your immune system will slowly but surely fight your cold while your body grows your embryo. :) A pregnant body does give the pregnancy what it needs first.

Thank you all. I feel emotionally better. Spiked a fever and my fertility clinic told me to take Tylenol every 6 hrs around the clock for the next three days. Hoping a day in bed will kick it.

Had cold and fever at about 3 weeks. The fever was mild and went away on its own but the cold is still here (week 11), and i doubt it'll go away coz im keeping the windows open even though its snowing coz my nausea is sooo bad. Still i'm not taking anything for the cold and the doctor said it's totally normal and not to worry. Hopefully your fever will go away too with rest and as long as your clinic is telling you what you do things should be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->