Anyone else getting that panic feeling yet?

MImom2be

Recent Mommy~6-13-13!
Reaction score
I think it's just now setting in...I'm going to be a mom! My life will be forever changed, things I enjoy now or have enjoyed in the past will no longer matter as much to me, and I'll take on whole new set of life's challenges when she gets here!

I don't know if it's because my baby shower is this Saturday, or the fact that I just made my 3D & 4D ultrasound appointment but I'm seriously panicking!

People are telling me that I'll do great, everything will be fine, all that jazz, but I'm just terrified! My Fibro has dealt me with a life of pain and constant sleepiness/sluggishness that I'm not sure is compatible with a baby. :nope:

I realize that yes, I should've considered this BEFORE I chose to try to become a mother, but there's times where my Fibromyalgia bothers me very little, and other days when I can't even get out of bed...I guess it's starting to make me worry about how I'll care for our daughter when she gets here?

Surely there are other mothers with Fibro? Is it really as horrible as I'm imagining it's going to be?

Honestly, I'm worried about feeling suicidal with a lack of sleep that normally accompanied a new baby...seriously.

Any words of encouragement, or words of advice? I realize it's now "too late" to put the breaks on, and god knows that hubby's wonderful family ISN'T helping, but seriously, I'm trying to shake myself out of this. I haven't felt THIS depressed since I was about 16wks along. I DID pull myself out of it, I was on Prozac for two weeks and was able to get off of it, but now, I'm sort of wondering if I need it again or if this is just a passing set of "blues"?

I think it's totally normal to panic! I am also everything goin to change!

But when we hold our baby's.., that's going to give us a feeling no one can't really discribe to us and that will change our lives in an instant!

No matter what life throws at us, we'll make it work cos that little baby's goin to be soo important and special! We're women and that just what we do! And if there are days it's a bit hard then we have husbands for those!!

Think ur totally normal for stressing! I am! But trying not to think about it too much! We'll manage! Because that baby we'll end up with will be so precious and worth it! Xxx

I think it's just now setting in...I'm going to be a mom! My life will be forever changed, things I enjoy now or have enjoyed in the past will no longer matter as much to me, and I'll take on whole new set of life's challenges when she gets here!

I don't know if it's because my baby shower is this Saturday, or the fact that I just made my 3D & 4D ultrasound appointment but I'm seriously panicking!

People are telling me that I'll do great, everything will be fine, all that jazz, but I'm just terrified! My Fibro has dealt me with a life of pain and constant sleepiness/sluggishness that I'm not sure is compatible with a baby. :nope:

I realize that yes, I should've considered this BEFORE I chose to try to become a mother, but there's times where my Fibromyalgia bothers me very little, and other days when I can't even get out of bed...I guess it's starting to make me worry about how I'll care for our daughter when she gets here?

Surely there are other mothers with Fibro? Is it really as horrible as I'm imagining it's going to be?

Honestly, I'm worried about feeling suicidal with a lack of sleep that normally accompanied a new baby...seriously.

Any words of encouragement, or words of advice? I realize it's now "too late" to put the breaks on, and god knows that hubby's wonderful family ISN'T helping, but seriously, I'm trying to shake myself out of this. I haven't felt THIS depressed since I was about 16wks along. I DID pull myself out of it, I was on Prozac for two weeks and was able to get off of it, but now, I'm sort of wondering if I need it again or if this is just a passing set of "blues"?

I have Fibro, it is now very well controlled but wasn't when my youngest was 2-3 and I was a mess, do you have good support? Help? I am on citalopram for anxiety and that helps, as well as my fibro meds. I consider these part of being a good Mum. Is there a maternal mental health service there? I am under this and have found it fantastic for support and respite care.
I cope, I love my kids and I have lots of them. The good days are amazing, just remember to count your spoons and realise you cannot be supermum. One thing from having Fibro is my kids are amazing at self entertaining and self play. There are down days when I cannot do as much and they have adapted to that. Others say my kids are a dream to look after as they are so good.
If you want to chat PM me. I know it's hard, I know it's scary but you will cope, you will get there and being a mother is the most amazing thing ever

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->