Anyone else had a diarrhoea bug in 3rd trimester? TMI

kwills55

Reaction score
I've had bad diarrhoea (10+ times a day) for 6 full days now, going into 7 days tomorrow. Went to the drs the day before yesterday who checked me over and sent off stool samples which we're waiting to get back.

Just a bit worried as I have lost 5lb since last week and although I am drinking as much water as I can I feel like it goes straight through me. I've also had temperatures of 38.5 despite taking paracetemol regularly for days and felt so guilty because everytime my temperature got to 38 baby would start squirming and wouldn't stop until it had come down again!
I am also aware that temperatures will dehydrate me more...

Basically I've felt much more human today because I havent had a temperature all day. Still felt dizzy at times though and still been going to the toilet 10+ times.
The GP said if I am no better by tomorrow to go back to get seen again as I may need to go into hospital for IV fluids.
I REALLY dont want to go because I feel much better in myself and I can't imagine how horrible it would be to have this horrendous diarrhoea in hospital. Because my temperatures have settled down I am hoping the diarrhoea will too as I would be so much happier being at home. Also I would have to drive myself to the drs and then potentially to hospital as OH has to work and there is no one else to drive me.
But on the other hand I feel guilty for baby and am a bit worried about all the weight I've lost so quickly. I even packed bits in my hospital bag today in case baby decides to come early from all the cramps! Had lots of braxton hicks over the last few days.

Has anyone else been in the same situation? What did you/would you do?
Also anyone else had weight loss in 3rd trimester? Can it effect baby?

hugs hon, ive had tummy bug last 2 weeks, it wa sa nasty sticky one, finally better today ;)
my doc said to not eat at all for one whole day , to have fluids only , to drink water and flat 7 up. then eat really plainly , simply and small amounts till u feel better.
she said so long as ur not throwing up the fluids u drink it would be ok.
i really thought my tummy bug was with me to stay, i was so glad to have a proper dinner today., :) u will be better soon hon xxxxx
just keep drinking and rest up xxxxxxx

forgot to say i lost 7 pounds over 5 ish days.
they r mostly back now im feelin better.
i too had 10+ times to loo at the worst, it didnt just stop, it got less often over days and yest was first day i had semi normal poo :) today would be day 14 :)
tmi but it helps to know i think for u :)

Aw thanks, pleased to know someone's come through the other side of it! Hope I don't have another 7 days of it though! Makes me feel a bit more positive that I can go and get checked out by the GP again tomorrow and they won't just send me straight up to hospital! Good to hear you've put the weight back on too... Xxx

i think the weight loss was just my body using up available fluid cos it came back faster than it left :) hope u feel better soon hon. i know its miserable and iwas worried bub be a bit deprived. :) doc said no way that only me would miss out, bub takes what it needs from ur stores xxx i a still very tired but i prob would be at this stage anyway :)
where do u live, do ye have diaorylyte (sp?) to rehydrate u, i didnt drink it cos i was keeping down fluids but is an option if u think ur dehydrated.

Yeah doc gave me that on weds so have been drinking it constantly since then. I was also getting worried that both me and hubby think bump looks WAY smaller since Monday. Was panicking it might be due to dehydration but have thought it may be more just her moving down... Is 31 weeks quite early for bump to drop for a first time mum?
I'll definitely get them to measure it tomorrow as it is a whole 2cm smaller than 2 weeks ago when the midwife last measured by my tape measure! Xxx

my bub has been moving up and down for a while, my bump looks different between morning and nt :) i was sure the other day bub had engaged , when i woke up in morn, he had popped out again :)
dont worry hon, u r doin all the right things and ur doc is checkin u so ye wil be fine xxxx

Im am with you! I am 34 weeks and just getting over a stomach bug. It is no fun :( I could not imagine having diarrhea for 7 days. That's out of control. I am sure getting IV fluids would make you and the baby feel much better!

I had the bug for a week...just make sure to take Tylenol to keep your fever at bay and drink plenty of water and get rest...it will pass soon

Anyone else had it longer than 10 days?? I'm on day 10 now and no better... Losing about a lb a day but am more worried about nutrition side of things... Surely even if baby takes my fat stores (be my guest lol) it won't be getting the vitamins and minerals it needs? I myself am shattered, could literally sleep all day long and can barely make it downstairs/upstairs.

Still waiting on samples to come back that we're sent off last weeks but ended up on labour ward for a CTG as baby had been very very quiet for about 16 hours. All was fine thank goodness but I just didn't think it would go on this long!

yeah i had it for nearly 14 days hon, it has gone now thank god :)
ur body has vits and mineral stores ur bub will use too, if ur stores go too low, bub will leach from ur bones and teeth and stuff ;) dont worry bub will be fine.
my doc said dont worry about food , just drink flat 7up and water lots.
ye have 7up in england dont ye ? :)
most important thing is to rehydrate

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"