Anyone else had this virusy thing?

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
I started with a cough a few weeks ago. I'm asthmatic and was really wheezy but wasn't feeling ill, just coughing.

Then a week past Thursday, I started with a very very sore throat, sore glands, temperature and really bad cough. I felt really ill for a couple of days, then felt a bit better but still had a very sore cough - but towards the end of last week I started to feel worse again. I've had night after night the last few nights where I'm shivering uncontrollably then absolutely dripping because I'm so hot. I've also started getting really achey all over during the last few days, and have no energy at all. The cough keeps me awake at night.

My mum wants me to go to the doctor because it's been 10 days now since I started to feel really bad but I don't want to waste their time. It's probably just a virus and they won't be able to give me anything. just wondered if it's something that's going about? I don't usually feel ill for so long if I get anything, and it's weird the way it's coming and going.

We've all gOt it me and oh was both in bed sivering in bed we've felt awful my bro has it to we've both been really achey swollen glands sore throat no energy and just awful our chests are really achey the doc said there's nothing they an give you as it's a virus just rest x

We've all gOt it me and oh was both in bed sivering in bed we've felt awful my bro has it to we've both been really achey swollen glands sore throat no energy and just awful our chests are really achey the doc said there's nothing they an give you as it's a virus just rest x

Hope you're all better soon. Has it gone on and on? I feel like I'm never going to get better! DH seems to be coming down with it now too :(

yep it seems to lift then start again my oh has had it bad has hes prone to head colds the shivers and the aches are just awful

hope you get better soon and your oh does x

viruses are they worst as theres no medicine for them xx

hi you do seriously need to go to the doctors if u havent been feeling well for a while because a very fit/healthy family member if mine been rushed into hosptial through his constant cough and he was adiment he wasnt go to the doctors! anyways hes in hospital now with swine flu, pnemonia theyve had 2 drain his lungs and now they have found a hole in one of his lungs they gotta do a brain scan on him and hes picked up another virus, so please get to the docs thats what they are there for nothing a few antibiotics wouldnt sort out if needed best to be safe than sorry!

sorry if ive scared anyone if you :hugs: and hope you feel better soon! Xx

hi you do seriously need to go to the doctors if u havent been feeling well for a while because a very fit/healthy family member if mine been rushed into hosptial through his constant cough and he was adiment he wasnt go to the doctors! anyways hes in hospital now with swine flu, pnemonia theyve had 2 drain his lungs and now they have found a hole in one of his lungs they gotta do a brain scan on him and hes picked up another virus, so please get to the docs thats what they are there for nothing a few antibiotics wouldnt sort out if needed best to be safe than sorry!

sorry if ive scared anyone if you :hugs: and hope you feel better soon! Xx

Oh dear, that's terrible - I hope he's better soon.

Thanks for the warning, I think I'll make an appointment just to be on the safe side. I feel seriously bad again tonight, so shivery and can't stop coughing, and my chest really really hurts. xxxxx

if your cough is bad you it might be infected oh had antibiotics for his mines all my glands and throat

good look at the doctors
x

Well I went to the doctors tonight after feeling even worse all day today, and it's a bad chest infection. I've got antibiotics, a course of steroids and an inhaler. He said he's surprised I'm not having even more difficulty breathing, judging by how my chest sounded when he listened.

Hope you get better soon hun:hugs:

I'm the exact same at the moment.
Choked with cold and cough very painful.

x

oh i hope ur better soon :hugs: there is such alot of nasty things going around at the moment, i have tonsilitus now after having a stinking cold in early december :(

Thanks everybody - I felt terrible all day yesterday but been feeling a lot better today....still weak and wobbly and got a really sore cough but I think the antibiotics have started to work. Luckily DH has managed to get a few days off to look after LO - I could never have managed! Odd_socks - hope you feel better soon. Tonsilitis is horrible :( xxxxx

Yes we've all had it, got it again......it seems to last ages then clear up for a few days then come back and start up again! the shivers, sweats, sore throat constant cough etc! getting fed up of it now! one of us has been ill after the other for the past 2 months!

DH ended up in hospital after passing out and bashing his head on the sink and DD ended up in A&E after becoming dehydrated and weak due to not eating or drinking!

I now the worse bout so far and am worried because the man I sit opposite a work was diagnosed with Swine flu on Monday after being in bed since Friday! oops

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->