Anyone else have a baby that won't take a bottle?

luz

Reaction score
My baby is only 9 weeks old, and is refusing the bottle! I don't know what to do! when i'm away at work (7:00 am - 4:30 pm) she is pretty much refusing to eat. occasionally she will latch onto the bottle and drink 1-2 maybe 3 oz. This is the entire time i'm gone! I feel horrible knowing she is so hungry all day, and my husband/babysitter tell me that she cries and cries because she is hungry but won't take the bottle.

We've tried feeding her with a syringe, but that didn't do any good. it only made her even more mad. Seems like all she wants is the boob. when i come home i feed her immediately and she is so happy and smiley afterwards.

What can i do? We've tried a few different bottles/nipple types but she doesn't seem to like any of them. She just pushes the bottle out with her tongue or screams. She won't take a pacifier either, so i am at a loss of what to even try! any ideas or suggestions would be so great

Sorry I can't be of much help but I tried to get my son on bottle at 4 months just so my partner could feed but nope he refused. Screamed and screamed until I gave in. He is 10 months now and on big boy food and only milk in the night so basically I gave up lol I did persevere but hearning him cry was awful. I don't regret giving up tho. Because your lo is still so young might have a better chance than I did good luck x

Forgot to say i gave up at 6 months by which he was eating 6+ food anyway lol :)

Have you tried a cup? Doidy is a good cup for cup feeding though can get a bit messy.

Sorry I can't be of much help but I tried to get my son on bottle at 4 months just so my partner could feed but nope he refused. Screamed and screamed until I gave in. He is 10 months now and on big boy food and only milk in the night so basically I gave up lol I did persevere but hearning him cry was awful. I don't regret giving up tho. Because your lo is still so young might have a better chance than I did good luck x

This was me too… LO started refusing around 3 months maybe? I'm not working though (I thought I was going back but I quit around the time he was refusing bottles). So I just gave up and started him on solids at 6 months. However, he also refused (100% REFUSES) to be spoon fed from day 1. So he's always gotten finger foods. Stubborn boy!

Good luck with it, sorry I'm no help!

i'm no help either. just wanted to say, i am going through the same thing. my son is three months old and has just recently started refusing the bottle. when he was younger, he had no problem switching from bottle to breast, but all of the sudden he wants nothing to do with bottles. i've gone back to work also, and it's driving my poor husband mad.

My husband found a bottle yesterday that seemed to work... however today maybe he thinks she will only take the bottle if she is sitting in an upright position. She is so stubborn!

I am of no help either! I didn't give the baby a bottle for two weeks since I went nowhere alone and that was it - he will not take a bottle. I've tried three different nipples/bottle, sippy cup - so frustrating for everyone :( so I can't go anywhere for more than an hour. Ugh!!!

My son never took a bottle either. He went straight from ebf to a sippy cup with a straw.
Ive heard nothing but good things about tommy tippee bottles apparently theyre as close to a breast as you can get. I dont know personally but alot of moms swear by them. Best of luck :)

I second the cup suggestion. My doidy is pretty good

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->