Anyone else have a baby that's hard to burp?

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Sometimes Chase can be so hard to burp. I can spend 20 minutes burping him with nothing, and as soon as I put him down thinking he's asleep, he's awake and needs a burp. Some days, this goes on and on. Feeding, burping, putting him down, him waking up a few minutes later with a burp.

I rock him, jiggle him on my lap, put him on my shoulder and pat his back, I move his body like he's doing sit ups, and on it goes.

Yikes! We haven't had this problem thank goodness, Hannah burps like a trucker :lol:

I have this problem with Noah. He useto be so easy to burp. Now it takes a long time and sometimes I just give up and then he will burp lol

Of course, once he gets his burp out, he has more room for more bottle, then the vicious cycle again.

Makes for some fun days. :rofl:

I also have the problem with Tom, my health visitor said to try boiled water cooled down and also gave me some massage tips, which are helping :)

Try moving his legs towards his/her belly and holding for a few seconds and so on.. also windmill type movements with 2 fingers around his/her belly :)

I also have the problem with Tom, my health visitor said to try boiled water cooled down and also gave me some massage tips, which are helping :)

Try moving his legs towards his/her belly and holding for a few seconds and so on.. also windmill type movements with 2 fingers around his/her belly :)

Thank you...will try this :)

I had a hard burper too. I used to slowly bring Michael down to a laying down position and bring him back up to burp. Also, I found that burping him sitting on my lap rather than over my shoulder was the best way to burp. I could lean him forward, which helped bring the gas bubbles up! Good Luck!

Every time I burp Chayil, she falls asleep and that makes it harder to burp her.

I never get a burp when she's over my shoulder or laying on my lap. It's always in the sitting up position.

Also, she's been bringing up some of the milk when she burps too.

Mello

I had a hard burper too. I used to slowly bring Michael down to a laying down position and bring him back up to burp. Also, I found that burping him sitting on my lap rather than over my shoulder was the best way to burp. I could lean him forward, which helped bring the gas bubbles up! Good Luck!

A friend of mine kind of did this to Colton one day when she couldn't get him to burp. She sat him sideways on her lap and rocked his upper body back and then forth. Usually the first or second time he rocked he burped.
Colton was normally a hard burper too. He still is really, sometimes now I just give up but he usually brings his burps up by himself after awhile. If he falls asleep they will wake him up but during the day he is fine.
When he was smaller though I used to pat his back REALLY hard. Like the first few times I was like, "surely this is too hard to be patting him" but it was the only way I could get him to burp. And he didn't mind, it always calmed him being patted harder.
Every time I saw someone try and burp him after I got used to patting him so hard, it would make me laugh. I always told them, "you're never going to get him to burp patting him like that!" :dohh:

lily has always been a terrible burper! She hardly ever brings it up and also has tons of it! You can hear it in her tummy, like you said its a catch 22, cos when you finally get the burps up they want more bloody milk, then you have more wind again! Argghhh! its funny because I burp so much I find myself trying to burping my OH without even noticing it!

I had the same problem with Alex when he was a newborn, luckily has he has got older it has become alot easier.

i had this problem with lucy and it would cause her to be awake most of the night so i started using infacol before every feed and now she burps like a trooper! shes more comfortable and i get more sleep everybodies happy..:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->