• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else have a "quiet" baby?

BrandiCanucks

Mommy of 4, WTT
Reaction score
17w1d today and I barely ever feel Amelia move anymore. She's a lot less active than my other babies were at this stage and she's my first with a posterior placenta. I expected I'd feel her MORE than I felt my other kids.

When I feel her, it's a shift, or a little pressure, then nothing. I felt one swift kick the other night but literally NOTHING since.I tried poking at her last night, eating something sugary, drinking cold water, drinking orange juice. No response. The OB couldn't find her heartbeat on the doppler at my 15 week appointment.

But every time I've gone in for an ultrasound, she seems to be moving lots with a strong heartbeat (last one was last Saturday).

I had a very vivid dream a few weeks ago that I gave birth to a baby girl (who I did name Amelia...this was before I found out she was a she), and she was born on September 6, 2015...WAY too early. In the dream, she was 6lbs 4oz.

I just want to make it through today and not be terrified. I've had a sinking feeling the entire pregnancy, so far, that I would not be bringing her home. I don't want to be rushing to the hospital to get checked every time she's quiet. Besides, they'll tell me I'm ridiculous and it's too early to feel movement (5th baby, 7th pregnancy).

oh I'm so sorry you had that dream and are feeling anxious :( That is no fun at all. I wouldn't worry about how crazy anyone thinks you are for getting checked... just own it and get checked as often as you need. This is your baby and you need to feel safe and secure. 17 weeks is really early to feel consistent movement, which I'm sure you know. I hope that once today is over you are able to wake up tomorrow feeling more assured that the rest of the pregnancy will go well! :hugs:

I am editing because i just realized I didn't answer your main question: My baby is not a particularly quiet baby, but he does have his quiet days which are like torture! I love his normal activity because I get a few good movements every hour usually. There are days though where I really have to work to feel him (eating loads of sugar and laying down to really feel the movements), even at this stage. I hope your baby gets more active for you as time goes on xx

I'm sure some of my fears are stemming from the PTSD I had with my son after his birth (extremely traumatic). I kept dreaming that he had a twin sister and I was doing everything with her, but then I'd wake up in a panic because I couldn't find her. My son bed shared and I'd see him, but not her and it took me a while to realize I had a boy, not a girl, and he was not a twin either.

My next appointment isn't until the 23rd and I have my anatomy ultrasound the same day. Every ultrasound I've had so far she's been great and the heartbeat around 151.

I just want to make it through today

My baby was quiet until 21 weeks and i felf first movements in week 16. I recall DS being much more active at an earlier stage but now at 24 weeks baby is becoming more active x

Here! This baby is so quiet, I only feel this one every now and than. Like you said it's only in shifts. Maybe once in awhile I'll feel a poke but not as much as I did with ds2!

My baby was so quiet up until the last week. I was a little concerned too as my ds was more active at that stage. Hope you get a few little wriggles today :)

I'm 17 weeks today with my 2nd and I still haven't felt movement.

I had a mini panic moment when I went shopping for baby clothes today. I started cramping really bad and then felt wet but it wasn't blood. Then, someone asked me if I knew yet...someone I used to work with, and I told her it was a girl. She asked her name, I said "Amelia" and got a swift kick. Silence since then lol

Okay I'm having twins and I consider them quiet. I am 18 weeks. I basically just feel some squirming every now and then no swift kicks and they also don't respond to sugar! My singles were much more active!! Go get checked if you feel anxious. Worse to feel anxiety. Oh I know it well. I didn't feel baby B move for 3 days straights she was facing my back so of course I couldn't feel anything. None of that helped I'm sorry I can't offer anymore..

My girls weren't majorly active babies in utero and never seemed to develop a proper pattern of movement either which everyone says you need to look out for, was quite anxiety inducing at times! Bit early to tell with this one as i'm only feeling flutters so far.

I'm 18 weeks and I've only felt the occasional "I think that could have been baby" shift in position/movement once every couple of days.

My daughter and oldest son picked up with their movement around 20ish weeks. I couldn't feel my youngest move around regularly till 24 weeks. I'm pretty thin, I must just have a uterus of steel lol.

I wouldn't worry about movement at this point. What we can feel now holds little indication as to what they are actually doing in there.

With this baby I feel like they are way more quiet than DD. She was constantly moving around and I felt her all the time starting at 14 weeks. With this guy I barely feel anything most days. But I can tell where he is when laying down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->