Anyone else have nausea and feeling emotional come back??

tripleccc

Reaction score
I'm 28 weeks tomorrow, so I guess I should be posting in the 3rd tri forum but I'm so fresh I thought I'd stay here for a while longer :)

Anyway, for the past week and a half I have been feeling like I felt back in 1st tri...really nauseous and emotional!
I feel like crying over the tiniest things, have only a slight appetite, and have morning and evening nausea all over AGAIN. I thought this feeling was supposed to be long gone? Has anybody else experienced this feeling coming back in their 3rd tri? Anyone know what it could be due to?

Also, I'm concerned about Post Pardum Depression and wondering if my "emotionalness" coming back is any cause for concern that I could be higher risk?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks for reading!

I am 23 weeks and have been moderately nauseous for the past five days or so. I guess it comes and goes.

Im only coming up 18 weeks and haven't yet stopped feeling horribly nauseous. I'm thinking maybe that's just how it's gonna be for me..! The pregnancy books lied when they said it would pass at 12 weeks! I've def heard of people talking about nausea coming back in the 3rd tri so I wouldn't worry it's abnormal or anything! I think it's very normal to feel emotional all the way through pregnancy too! Although your hormones settle down, they are still elevated above normal levels!

I don't know much about the post-partum depression I'm afraid, but if you are concerned, definitely speak to your midwife or doctor.

Omg, yes!!! I have been that way the past 2-3 weeks. Especially the nausea. I'm thinking it's because he's starting to press against my stomach. I will be 28 weeks on Friday, so I'm right there with you. It's been terrible on me. Because of the nausea I have not been able to hold down nearly as much water as I did before, and hearing certain songs and seeing certain commercials I start to cry lol.

I haven't had nausea but then I didn't get that much in the 1st trimester. I have however been quite emotional. Yesterday I spoke to my midwife about another issue and was also very emotional at the time so she explained that around this time you get another surge of progesterone so that can cause the big emotions.

I guess just wait and see how you feel in a few weeks and hopefully it settles down again.

My nausea has come back at times, and my emotions are completely haywire. I did experience ppd after the birth of my second son and I think it is still affecting me. My poor husband asked if he needed to call 911 during my last breakdown!

Being emotional and all over the place is completely normal. With my first I never even had the baby blues, but I cried at all the baby commercials and I occasionally threw a little fit here and there lol. With the ppd I have more of like..depressive episodes, like suicidal and everyone would be better off without me kind of stuff :/ If you are experiencing anything bordering those lines I would mention it to your provider.

Definitely stay aware but dont worry, tell the people you are closest to to help you watch yourself and if they think it is out of hand, let you know or get you help, or tell them what to do down the road if you ask for help so you don't have to explain it at your worst moments. I have just begun therapy and thank goodness, but it is good for anybody to do so no harm in looking into your options even as a precautionary measure. It is something a lot of pregnant and postpartum women go through and something to watch for but not to worry :)

My therapist told me I should join a postpartum group because everybody needs some support after birth, even if it's just to get an hour to yourself.

Yep to both. I'm actually waiting for counselling because my mood has got so low.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->