anyone else in a load of debt and afraid to face it??

me and my hubby have alot of debt we have a £10000 loan a £5000 loan almost £3000 owing on credit cards and a £750 overdraft fortunately we are able to pay it all back. By april/may we should have the credit cards gone then we are going to save what we would be paying to the credit cards (£500pm (our choice)) so we can pay off our loans early and then start saving for a house deposit.

All that debt is because a bank gave us a stupid credit card with a ridiculous amount on and we got into trouble fortunately i managed to sort it out ourselves without having to use other companies. I did have £1000 to pay to next aswell but i've now paid that off. Catalogues are the worst they charge ridiculous amounts of interest.

I remember some months we had to pick and choose which bills to pay.

Hope you manage to sort something out.

Hi Boony,

Like you, I have been able to pay it off myself but we have been in debt for about 7 years and I think we owe it to out little one to try and be debt free asap and give them a nice life, without us worrying about money all the time.

It sounds like you are starting to come out the other side(like me). It is a good feeling to regain control isn't it?

yea its brilliant. we have only been in debt about 3 years though so not as bad as most people and were lucky that hubby earns a good wage (RAF). Our parents helped us alot though the 2 loans we have are in our parents names because our credit was so bad nobody would give us anymore.

We knew we needed to get it sorted though coz DH wants to leave the raf in 7 years and we'll need a good deposit to be able to afford a house (we are currently in raf accom where rent is cheap lol).

Cant wait till april/may when the cards are gone they are the worst because of the interest they charge!

We don't have a lot of debt about £6000 between us. We went with a FREE company called PayPlan.

They are really good. They contact your creditors and you just pay them the money each month and they pay the creditors. They don't charge either xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->