Anyone else in the same boat? CD 30. No AF symptoms. Tons of BFNs.

MommaZee

Reaction score
Hi everyone! New here, and new to ttc. This is actually the first cycle that we have ever ttc (Our now 2 ½ year old was a wonderful surprise)! Here's my long story:
I had the mirena in for 2 years before getting it removed in early July. On the mirena my "periods" (if you can call a day of brown cm a month a period) were as regular as before. 26-28 cycles. Teeny bit of cramping for PMS a few days before. Blah blah blah.
After removal, went back to regular flow periods. August 18th (start of last period) was when I decided to start tracking my cycle and begin the ttc process. (No, I do not temp. I am trying not to get too technical with ttc because I feel it will make me crazy, and the stress will be detrimental to the process)
Anyways, Here's how it went down:

CD1-4: AF making her usual rounds. We still BD because... Well... Why not?

CD5-11: Lots of BDing. Seriously, so much. I mean, we just got married... Anyways, (TMI alert), Creamy cm up until day 10 and 11 when it became watery

CD12-17: According to my Ovia app, this was my FW, with ov pinpointed at day 16. Actually I think that's pretty spot on, considering I usually can feel when I ov, and I definitely was experiencing the symptoms that day. Here's the funny part: Hubby and I did NOT BD at ALL. Just the day before the FW and the day after. Like I said, we're trying not to stress out and make this a chore, so even though I did try to initiate BD, hubby was so tired from work these days that I didn't push it.

CD18-20: Nothing really going on. Little bits of cramps I am assuming from ov. BD on day 20.

CD21-28: I like to call what happened here "PMS FROM THE DEPTHS OF THE UNDERWORLD". I have NEVER felt anything like this. Cramps and abdominal tenderness that I have never experienced before. Heavy and tender breasts. Mood swings to be envied by Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Bloating that made me look 5 months pregnant. Backaches and Fatigue I haven't felt since I was pregnant with my son. I even started taking FRERs every morning starting day 24 onwards because none of this made sense. All BFNs. Suddenly:

CD29-Today: Symptoms stop. All I have are mildly tender and fuller breasts. Still BFNs, even used both FMU and SMU today.

Cycle day 30 and my generally regular friend, AF, is nowhere to be seen. I don't get it? Is this maybe a delayed Mirena thing? Anyone else having this issue? Want to chit chat about it? Anyone have any thoughts on what might be going on with me?
Oh and thank you for reading this long post! Even if you don't have any comments, you're awesome :)

Sorry I'm not much help but didn't want to read and run.. It might be because u are not long off mireana but until after shows up and if u did ovulate then there's still a chance of a bfp.. xx

Thank you for reading and replying :) Yeah I know it's not over until AF finally arrives. I'm preparing for her arrival, though, since I am pretty certain we missed our chance this month. I can't help but wonder, thoughthIt's fun to dream it would happen this quickly. It's okay, though :) once this cycle inevitably ends, I will have a whole new picture of what my cycles are like, and maybe try just a teensy bit harder next time... Still don't want to temp... BUT maybe I will invest in OPKS haha :)

I know you said that your Ovia app showed your ovulation to be on CD16 but I would definitely invest in the opks. They have always worked accurately for me and I've gotten pregnant in the first cycle of trying each time I used them. Having said that, I've also found out that I ovulate all over the place in my cycle. I've even ovulated as late as CD22 in a 27 day cycle. It COULD be possible that you ovulated later than you thought and that's why you're getting bfn. On the cycle I mentioned previously where I didn't ovulate until CD22, I also didn't get a positive hpt until after my period was due. I'd say you still have a chance. Stay hopeful and good luck!

Well it looks like I am going to give the OPKS a go! AF is back with a vengeance today, haha. Thank you so much for replying :) I'm feeling more confident about this cycle now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->