Anyone else losing weight?

kmr1763

DH, DS1, DD1, DD2, DS2
Reaction score
I'm almost eleven weeks and since I became pregnant have lost about nine lbs. I started off at around 150-152 lbs and am weighing in today at 142 lbs. I would say I was slightly overweight but not much, wore sz 10 jeans. I certainly wasn't expecting to lose, was just hoping to not gain. Haven't made any major diet changes except that I seem to be able to only eat small amounts at a time.

Anyone else losing not gaining? (Or experienced it in prior pregnancies?) when did the loss stop and gain start? I would LOVE to finish this pregnancy at 150-160 as that would be 20-30 lbs over my target weight of 130.

I've lost 10 pounds because of MS doctor said it was completely normal

I found it really easy to loose weight when pregnant. I ate crap when pregnant with my daughter and was back in my pre pregnancy jeans two weeks later.

My last two pregnancies I weighed less after giving birth than I did pre pregnancy. I always lose weight in 1st tri mainly due to nausea and food aversions.

I haven't had any issues with nausea or food aversions... Only diminished appetite. My third baby and this is the first time I have lost weight. My other two I started gaining straight away.

Higher metabolism, eating smaller meals and MS will do that to you. Lost 5lbs in the first trimester of my.first pregnancy.

I've lost weight but this is partly due to having had a gastric bypass in January. I fell pregnant rather quickly afterwards which was a shock and I've lost 14lb in 2 months. It is expected that I will continue to lose weight for a little while but could plateau a bit further along and possibly have a little gain. As long as the baby is ok though, I don't really mind either way.

I lost 4 lbs due to ms. It doesn't seem like much, but I'm petite with not much to lose as is. At 12 weeks I am now at 123, where as my pre pregnancy weight was 127

I lost weight until about 10 weeks (lost 13 lbs total), and then gained 9 lbs in bloat over the course of three days in the last week. My OB thinks it's hilarious. I kept going in telling her how worried I was about losing weight and then, bam!, I'm back in her office totally freaked out about the sudden bloat. Yay, hormones!

My last pregnancy, I lost 18 lbs between 7 wks and 16 wks. From 16 wks to 24ish wks I still lost some weight, but not much. I wasn't overweight to begin with (~145ish lbs., I'm 5'7.5"), but my midwife wasn't too worried until those later weeks (and even then, baby was fine, so she wasn't too freaked). At around 24 weeks, I began eating either a cake or a milkshake every day, and that really helped.

This time around, my ms is under better control (because I'm on a prescription)... though I'm certain I've still lost some weight, I'm guessing it's about 2-3 lbs.

All this is to say -- if you feel OK and baby is doing fine, it's not something to worry about.

With my last pregnancy I lost weight in the first trimester and only gained about 16lbs the whole way through. I am hoping to be as lucky this time too - i just need to pay attention to what i'm eating. :)

I always lose weight during the first half of the pregnancy and then really put it on in the second half. Ughhh. This is normal for me, and my babies are all perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->