Anyone else made this observation about low grade fever during tww

Whiteninja

Reaction score
So i noticed this a long time ago. While trying for my son. Durring my two week wait. I would of course track my temp in the morning. But i would also take it through out the day. And i would have a low grade fever. So right now im on cycle day 23. Im 8 dpo. I have very sore swollen breasts. Im not sick nothing wrong with me. But i do have a low grade temp today of 99.1. Morning bbt was 97.9. At the moment i still have a bfn. I just wonder if anyone else has made this observation and if so were you pregnant. And is it a good or solid thing to stand on. I know our bodies go through an incubating period

Yes, while around 3-4 am is the true basal body temperature, progesterone levels have a daytime pattern, too.

They go up and down during the day and have sharp rises around 6 am, Noon, 6 PM, 10 PM.

I posted a picture but it's in a comment stuck for review by a mod.

Out of curiousity close to 8 DPO I start checking to see if the daytime temps get higher.

Last month when I had a BFP the daytime (afternoon/evening) temps were:
  • usual 98.6 to 98.9
  • around 99.3 the days after my BFP
  • 97.8 the day I miscarried (chemical pregnancy) and AF started.

https://oi63.tinypic.com/4tsl6g.jpg

This is the chart of what progesterone levels look like throughout the day, and progesterone is what rises after you ovulate and is associated with BBT.

So as you can see, if you chart your morning temperature, this is why it's important to temp at EXACTLY the same time every day. Otherwise your chart will be erratic that have nothing to do with hormones and it's just the hour of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->