anyone else moving house in 3rd tri? feeling overwhelmed!

MrsGM

Bamboozled Mum of 2
Reaction score
We're making the move from rented to our own house! Whoop!

We haven't got a completion date yet but it should be fairly soon, I'm so excited but also v overwhelmed at how much there is to do :coffee:

who's crazy idea was it to buy a house at the same time as having a second baby?!?!? :haha:

well the way its going with the council ill be on the same boat as you :( been bidding on houses for 4 weeks now with no success its getting to me :(

well the way its going with the council ill be on the same boat as you :( been bidding on houses for 4 weeks now with no success its getting to me :(

I wouldn't hold your breath hun, we've been on the council list for over a year and we even had our midwife give us a letter saying our current accomodation wasn't suitable for pregnancy/a new baby and we heard nothing. We we're looking at private anyway, and have found somewhere great, but the council are seriously overwhelmed I think!

We're hopefully getting the keys on the 1st May and moving in at the weekend, and there is still so much to be done. We need to buy white goods and furniture, arrange gas/electric suppliers, change doctors/midwife/hospital, it gives me a headache just thinking about it.

I can't even imagine how stressful it must be when buying a place!

We haven't got a completion date yet but it should be fairly soon, I'm so excited but also v overwhelmed at how much there is to do :coffee:

who's crazy idea was it to buy a house at the same time as having a second baby?!?!? :haha:

First, CONGRATULATIONS! That's so exciting! Thank the lord, we just bought our first home this past July (even though it's still a mess and needs work done :wacko:). That was the most stressful time of my life and couldn't imagine doing all that while pregnant so thumbs up to you :thumbup:. Enjoy your new home! Best of luck :flower:.

Yes, we're buying a house... Not only during third tri, but with two other children at home, all while my husband is deployed! Suppose to be closing 2 weeks before the baby is due, and my husband will be home 10 days before baby is due. All with family more then 3 hrs away.... Yes, very stressful, lol.

I wouldn't hold your breath hun, we've been on the council list for over a year and we even had our midwife give us a letter saying our current accomodation wasn't suitable for pregnancy/a new baby and we heard nothing. We we're looking at private anyway, and have found somewhere great, but the council are seriously overwhelmed I think!

We're hopefully getting the keys on the 1st May and moving in at the weekend, and there is still so much to be done. We need to buy white goods and furniture, arrange gas/electric suppliers, change doctors/midwife/hospital, it gives me a headache just thinking about it.

I can't even imagine how stressful it must be when buying a place!

i could cry in all fairness the council just dont give a crap i mean we are on a high band and still nothing :cry:

Congratulations! We are in the same boat :) We put in an offer on a house and it was accepted yesterday! So now, we have to close on it, and then move from renting to our very own house :) We will be moving in the month of May, and the houses are about 10 minutes apart so it won't be bad. the worst thing is I want to paint at least the nursery, and we already put together the crib and changing table where we are, and they won't fit down the stairs so we'll have to take them back apart to move them, but it will feel so nice to finally have our own place :) BTW, we're due almost the exact same day!

yeah i'm in the same position due 1st June but hoping to move by 17/5/13 - we had offer accepted and paperwork/searches are still with solicitors etc...i just hope we can complete on the appointed time otherwise it mayhave to falll through wilst we look for alternative rented accomodation!
What a palava!

I did when I'm pregnant with my 1st son. We have to move out because that apartment rule no kids around them :(

And for this one we will move to our house but after he born.

Im in the same boat!! its so stressful we r buying our home and might be moving 2 weeks before the baby is due and my son will be 17 months old in 2 months so its not going to be very easy but will be okay!

It's very exciting! We're currently building a house but it won't be ready until lo is a few months old. Moving house with an infant may be worse!

We are moving in a week today at short notice, and ill be one day short of 39 weeks...I have a week to sort everything and we are moving 200 miles closer to family, so its very stressful but will be so worth it! X

Wow, amazing how many of us are on the move in the third tri. Makes be feel less of a total mad woman :) We're relocating when I'm 38 weeks (4 weeks time) for my husbands new job. No time to buy so we are going to rent somewhere. Now got to find a house! Luckily MIL has offered to pay for removers to do it all for us as I think I might go crazy - and I'm a well seasoned mover too! Good luck ladies
Rx

Again, nice to know we're not the only insane ones :haha:

We're selling our flat and buying our dream house right now. Very excited, but my God it's stressful! I'm handling the whole thing myself because DH works full time - which is absolutely fine and my decision because I can find time here and there to make phone calls, but naturally it is taking it out of me.

Our solicitors are a massive pain in the butt who take forever to get back to me, over the past three days I have left 5 messages which they didn't bother to return :dohh: So I rang again and stayed on hold for 15 minutes until one of them was suddenly available :haha:

Not easy to co-ordinate all of this, especially while I have a very very attached toddler to deal with as well!

Yep we move next week to our new house and have to decorate 2/3 rooms and clean and put all our furniture together and baby's and wash all baby's stuff aghhhh wtf was I thinking !!!!

Oh god I know exactly how you are feeling, we are waiting to complete too! It's very stressful! Well some moments it is then other days I just make myself chill, not easy is it?

I'm 30 weeks so hoping at least we will be done while I still have chance to relax in the new place before baby comes.

My doc and solicitor asked why on earth we were moving now - because I'm mental is the only answer!

Me too. I closed on a house 3 weeks ago and have been up to my eyeballs in renovations. Still have tons of stuff to do tho. Movers coming on Thursday and I haven't even started packing up my apartment. Thank goodness for mom and dad and cousins and sister! (especially since my doctor put me on modified bed rest last week) Totally overwhelmed.

I'm swapping houses with my parents - we bought each others!

Luckily its only 5 minutes away and there is no work that needs to be done - just need to pack up!

We haven't decided on a date yet but as its family we have a bit more flexibility :)

Also moving :) we bought our house and move date is 30th April cant wait. First to do is babys room, everything else can wait lol

We moved house 3 days before my due date with DS1. Very stressful I must admit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->