anyone else moving house in 3rd tri? feeling overwhelmed!

Congratulations, nothing beats having your own home. We moved 2 weeks ago when I was 32 weeks & it is overwhelming and I felt pretty useless not being able to do a lot. We also had the added pressure of trying to sell the other house but had no decent offers due to the current market so we were preparing the house every weekend before we moved. The house is now for rent & carpet had to be replaced which was another task to handle but fortunatley we could do it all slowly.

We've been in the new house now and there's a lot of stuff that needs to be put away, & I haven't had the energy to clean inside the cupboards so I'm afraid it's all going to happen very slowly. Just hope bubs doesn't make an early appearance!

Are you able to give up work a bit earlier than you had planned? I finished up at 32 weeks because I was totally exhausted.

Not moving but doing the house up.
At 30 weeks, here is the baby's room
https://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz139/SAMMYW_2009/BA846018-5773-40CB-9928-AED6DB9EA6B2-2952-000002AB178D6063.jpg

Selling my belongings from my apt, packing up my car and moving/driving across the country in 2 weeks! Yikes!

We bought a house, closing was at around 34 weeks. Baby was born at 33+5. Planned to be moved by 37 weeks, thinking baby would be full term and maybe even late. Ended up early. Closed the day I got out of the hospital after my C-section.

Needless to say we are about half moved, we are living in new house but there is still a considerable amount of stuff at old house, including the crib! (baby is sleeping in top of pack & play).

I didn't this time but when i was pregnant with DS1 we moved 3 days before my due date! houses were only 5 minutes apart but i had to pack everything/put everything away myself including lugging bed and mattresses up the stairs but i managed it all.

for those of you worrying about moving when lo is small... i moved 210 miles a few weeks after that first move (moved in with my sis so we could be near my family) and it was no bother. I started packing very early so i knew i could get it all done and had everything ready for when my parents arrived with the van. lo was around 7 weeks old and he slept most of the time.

then moved again when lo was 16 months and again no problem. I just had to put him in his travel cot whilst i got his room unpacked and put together so he could play in there.

Just make sure you have important bits that you will need straight away all in 1 box then you dont have to search for it when you get to your new house xxx

Not quite 3rd tri yet but hope you don't mind if i butt in....

We're renting at the moment and saved up to buy our own home and have got a good mortgage in place. The problem is we haven't found a decent place within our budget. with the baby due in 3 months I'm trying hard not to stress. can;t buy stuff or organise stuff properly. To make matters worse, our current place has been put up for sale by the landlord so we could be asked to leave at any time (with 2 months notice). So we can't exactly relax and take our time or risk waiting till baby is born. Just trying not to freak out and keeping it together.

Just to say I'll definitely moving house in 3rd tri so you are not alone:cry:

Yup! Due June 1st, moving in 7 days from a rental to our own home. This weekend is our weekend to pack. It's very exciting but I'm very eager to get in the new house!

We already painted baby's room in the new house. :)

We were due to move when I was 37 weeks pregnant with Eva - think I overdid things with packing up the house etc, cause my waters broke as I was getting out of the shower on the morning of moving day, and I had her that day. Ended up having to move with a 2 week old instead! Just be careful not to overdo it! :)

Your water broke THE DAY you were moving!! Yikes!! Note to self... Take it easy while you pack..

We are moving on the 24th of May and I am due on the 30th of May. I am hoping I don't need a planned repeat c-section or go into labour around moving day. :wacko:

Oh just to mentioned, whether I was pregnant or got the new baby, DH and his parents would not let me raise a finger to pack, move, or unpack. It's very stressful for other people to mess with your stuff, but it was very nice of them to keep me from having to overdo it when I was pregnant/just gave birth.

Aww congratulations on having your second baby and buying your own house!!

I will be moving into my own place inside the next 4 weeks...soooo close to baby coming but it has to be done and Im excited but overwhelmed as I can barely move :haha:

We can do this!! :happydance:

Good luck!!

I moved house last week, we were running out of space in our old place and had to wait until I went on maternity leave (we were leaving the area). It's been hard work and there's a lot to do (this place is a fixer upper) but it's great to have all this extra room!

Good luck with your move!

We moved house four weeks before dd1 was born. It was the hardest thing we did (we sold our flat and bought a house). Most of the stress was selling our flat rather than the new house.

We just priorotised the baby's room and getting her stuff ready. Lucky as she was 3 weeks early! 2 years on we are almost sorted! You'll be fine, just work out what you want/need doing first to feel ready x

Gosh, 2 days until the house move and I'm pooped!!! My back, hips, thighs, hoo-haa (And every other bit of my body!) seem to be feeling the effects of trying to pack up home in a week!!

I can't wait until I get to the other end, and can relax and finally look forward to baby's arrival!

Thankyou everyone, looks like lots of busy 3rd tri mummies!

Well we have a completion date now, going to take it as easy as poss but not easy with a toddler etc!

Will prioritise baby stuff and just be as organised as poss, eeeeeek!

Im moving friday :) and bee. Packing/sorting clutter over last 3 weeks hoping it be less stressfull but im stressing alot and to make it worse babies dropped alot n got bad pressure. Omg I cant wait to move so can settle n relax. But I had no choice but to move lol

We're in the same boat! Our house is being built, they originally told us end of April. Now were looking at mid to end of May. I've been nagging the builders to finish. It is the most stressful situation I could ever imagine. I'm almost starting to think it would be easier now if Baby comes before the house is done because I am not going to have the energy to be organizing a new house. At least after Baby, we'll have family around and I won't be so huge. Why do us women do these things to ourselves? I swear it's the hormones!

I am moving June 12 - due July 7th, so, 36.5w... eek.

Actually, we are moving onto our boat (but will stay at my mum's till I heal after birth) then moving BACK into our house in September when peanut will be 2months! Feels kind of crazy. We have to pack up everything b/c other people will be using our house for the summer. We started books and things today, but there is lots to do!

At last we have a completion date set of next Wednesday! I'll be 35 weeks - hoping baby stays in for a few weeks so I can try and have a bit of time to chill!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->