Anyone else new to this and hoping to start IVF / icsi January 2016?

ElmoBumpToBe

Reaction score
We have our initial consultation 27th August but will need to wait until January to be able to cover the costs as we are self funding at a private clinic. Although we haven't yet had consultation we are pretty sure IVF with icsi is what is needed providing there aren't any other problems that we don't yet know about. Is anyone else working to a similar time frame and wants to talk all things IVF during the wait? Would love some company! x

we are looking at febuary 2016 due to work timetable (we will be going abroad for treatment)

Hi moma Ali where are you based now and where will you be going for treatment? That must bump up the cost rather a lot since you will need to say there a fair while during treatment! I think realistically we will be more like feb too to be honest x

were in the north of england in a small town, and looking at greece febuary is down season and greece is cheap so it going to be less than £3000 for everything (the IVF is only £1400 but then add hotel, flights, scans, blood tests and insurance) and they have a 70% pregnancy success rate - where as we are looking at £5000 for a lower success rate here due to the rules

plus we will get 2 weeks in greece :)

Oh really that's interesting how do the rules differ to here? I didn't know about this. We have got a consultation at a clinic in the north east - Darlington, it's about an hour and halfs drive from us. They have a special offer where the IVF includes icsi which we need for £3500 (there are blood tests, anesthetist and medication on top of that) but it's still under £5000 including freezing of any embryos if we have them x

Oh really that's interesting how do the rules differ to here? I didn't know about this. We have got a consultation at a clinic in the north east - Darlington, it's about an hour and halfs drive from us. They have a special offer where the IVF includes icsi which we need for £3500 (there are blood tests, anesthetist and medication on top of that) but it's still under £5000 including freezing of any embryos if we have them x

small world... we where originally looking at LIFE in newcastle :thumbup: but would have to egg share :growlmad: and they never got back to us even though we applied last year (I handed in the form in person so they definatly got them)

in greece you can have more eggs transplanted, we could have upto 3 day 3 embryos in greece but over here they would make us do eSET (1 single blast transplant) just because we are young and unexplained as they dont like the risk of multiples on their records but im almost certain one wont work and we only have enough money for 1 fresh cycle so all or nothing

double transplant on day 3 has been proven to more than double the chance of getting pregnant with only a slightly great chance of twins (as blasts have a higer chance of splitting anyway) and non-identical twins run in every generation of my family so I know my body can cope with the chance of twins

I see! Yea I had read that things had changed and that they no longer like to transfer more than one embryo which concerns me too and I know they won't do it in our case either as we are young and the only issue known so far is sperm antibodies so once they are illuminated by the washing and the icsi I suppose they would deem us as at chance of multiples as well as we are also fairly young. It isn't the same clinic that we are looking at though, it's the London women's clinic in Darlington. I have been told they have good success rates. I just want to get to this consultation with the repeat seamen analysis and scan for me so that I know nothing has suddenly deteriorated! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->