Anyone else not coping? :(

Hazybaby84

Reaction score
I feel so rotten, between the nausea, constipation, acid reflux and the indigestion that I'm not even sure is still indigestion no more. I have no energy, I'm constantly anxious and keep crying. I was never like this with my dd and I have never felt so bad or helpless! I read of all these ladies who suffer from sickness etc that seem to be coping and i feel like such a failure. Am I the only one not coping? :(

I feel your pain :( I'm pregnant and i get all of these symptoms too. this is my 3rd pregnancy and they have all felt the same - really draining, sore, scared, emotions flying all over the place. Did I here someone say pregnancy is an enjoyable time??? Not 4 me either.
In my past pregnancies I had a really hard time coping with the strain on my body-but guess what - at the end of my pregnancy I never felt better - a weight lifted off, more energy, no sickness, or soreness and a wee bundle of joy to enjoy. So when everyone else was having postnatal depression - I was'nt.

Hope this is the case 4 u 2:)

Ps I was aneamic too. Did you get your bloods checked recently because lack of iron can make all of the above appear worse tenfold!

xx

hang in there!
I guess it's different for every woman and I guess everyone has different coping mechanisms..
I've had my head down a toilet bowl everyday this week..
and have to work full time still..
sometimes I feel like bursting into tears too..
but I just try and tell myself that it's all worth it and eventually second tri will come around..
you're not a failure at all! you're making a small baby and you have a child to look after!
it's good to get some therapeutic crying going..
maybe talk to a close friend or have a nice bath..
maybe start reading a new book to get your mind of things..
hope you feel better!!
xx

I'm not coping at all either so your not the only one, I got up for work today threw up for half an hour, went to work threw up asked my boss to leave, got home threw up now I'm say crying coz I am going to end up getting sacked and everyone must think I'm a pathetic let down :(

I'm not coping at all either so your not the only one, I got up for work today threw up for half an hour, went to work threw up asked my boss to leave, got home threw up now I'm say crying coz I am going to end up getting sacked and everyone must think I'm a pathetic let down :(

Your not a letdown. I found that most people admire a pregnant woman for all the pain she has to endure and they wonder how pregnat women do it because they know they couldnt!

Try to get some rest and dont worry about you work. UK law and employers are very careful with how they treat pregnant women - they wouldnt like to be seen to discriminate!

After all they were babies and one time or another and had moms that gave birth to them!

I love the days I vomit as to me they are far easier than the days I am nauseous with helicopter head. I generally get one day a week :) Today I was sick for about an hour at 6.30 and I have got more done in the 4 hours I have been up than I have all week. I wish every day for me was a spewy day as at least I get pockets of normality.

I had no idea what I was letting myself in for!! Your not a failure your growing a whole baby!! I feel most upset about and cry regularly that I was lied to my whole life, 40 weeks in most definitely 10 months not 9!! Also my midwife told me today 42 weeks in still in the normal range :wacko:

I feel your pain :( I'm pregnant and i get all of these symptoms too. this is my 3rd pregnancy and they have all felt the same - really draining, sore, scared, emotions flying all over the place. Did I here someone say pregnancy is an enjoyable time??? Not 4 me either.
In my past pregnancies I had a really hard time coping with the strain on my body-but guess what - at the end of my pregnancy I never felt better - a weight lifted off, more energy, no sickness, or soreness and a wee bundle of joy to enjoy. So when everyone else was having postnatal depression - I was'nt.

Hope this is the case 4 u 2:)

Ps I was aneamic too. Did you get your bloods checked recently because lack of iron can make all of the above appear worse tenfold!

xx

Thank you, I hope that's the same for me too. I just keep thinking can I last the duration. I want to be happy and positive but I feel so alone right now and my oh just keeps getting frustrated with the constant up and down emotions which makes me feel 10x worse!

I haven't had my iron checked yet but I have been to the gp several times and my midwife appointment is not due till the 21st October. xx

hang in there!
I guess it's different for every woman and I guess everyone has different coping mechanisms..
I've had my head down a toilet bowl everyday this week..
and have to work full time still..
sometimes I feel like bursting into tears too..
but I just try and tell myself that it's all worth it and eventually second tri will come around..
you're not a failure at all! you're making a small baby and you have a child to look after!
it's good to get some therapeutic crying going..
maybe talk to a close friend or have a nice bath..
maybe start reading a new book to get your mind of things..
hope you feel better!!
xx

Thank you. I have tried to take my mind of things but I am really struggling to at the moment, I will try again. I just hope second tri is kinder because at the moment they reckon I will have this the whole way through! :( xx

Your not a pathetic let down at all you can't help vomiting and your work won't sack you there are too many laws that are there to protect discrimination against pregnant ladies and if they try you can take them to court and sue them for discrimination! xx

Sorry to hijack your post but I'm already worrying about tomorrow, should I just go and try again, keep going in to come home/ going off sick on and off all the time or just admit defeat and not go on for the rest of this week? If I am sick in the morning I'll have no choice but to go in as I start at 7am and no one else is in till at least 9am....

I'm really trying not to get frustrated with the sickness :( I had it bad with my daughter, but nothing with my son, and seems quite bad so far this time. I was up most of the night being sick last night. It was horrible. I hope it improves for you x

Firstly - I'd like to extend a huge cyber hug to you all! It really sucks to feel so ill, I know. But feeling this bad doesn't make you pathetic or a failure! Some women get MS much harder than others.

I found weeks 6&7 horrendous and I wasn't coping at all. I felt like I was drunk on a boat on rocky waters for about 2 weeks. Yuk! So I know how you guys feel. I'm not out of the woods yet but I feel SO much better. You'll get to that point too!

Wafflewaffe - if it were me, I'd take a few days off work rather than going in and out. It's less disruptive in the long run for work. Besides, if they don't know you're pregnant, they're probably all worried about 'catching your stomach bug' :haha:

I'm not coping with the sickness either. I already have a barfing phobia so whenever I get nauseous my heart starts to race and I get all panicky and outright scared. I haven't barfed yet but that's because I fight it like crazy and am on meds which controls it a bit. The meds are not helping the dizziness and light-headed feelings. But yeah, I don't have good coping skills. I lie in bed all afternoon and just whimper and moan. I could never upkeep a full-time job while being this sick.

I am also getting loads of stomach aches and pains unrelated to nausea. Pregnancy turns me into a huge weakling. I'm hiding at home right now. Can't wait until first tri is over though I'm secretly terrified that I'll be sick the whole pregnancy.

I'm not coping with the sickness either. I already have a barfing phobia so whenever I get nauseous my heart starts to race and I get all panicky and outright scared. I haven't barfed yet but that's because I fight it like crazy and am on meds which controls it a bit. The meds are not helping the dizziness and light-headed feelings. But yeah, I don't have good coping skills. I lie in bed all afternoon and just whimper and moan. I could never upkeep a full-time job while being this sick.

I am also getting loads of stomach aches and pains unrelated to nausea. Pregnancy turns me into a huge weakling. I'm hiding at home right now. Can't wait until first tri is over though I'm secretly terrified that I'll be sick the whole pregnancy.

Aww I feel for you starry I have a sick phobia too! I will say though if you do end up being sick, it's not as bad as you think and you kind of get past the fear. Big hugs!! Before this pregnancy I hadn't been sick for over 5 years! X

Part of the reason I'm scared of barfing is everytime I do I throw up until I start to black out. It's scary. :( But my sick meds are finally starting to do their job and as long as I'm on them I only feel a bit queasy. I still can only eat certain foods but it's better than it has been.

I feel so rotten, between the nausea, constipation, acid reflux and the indigestion that I'm not even sure is still indigestion no more. I have no energy, I'm constantly anxious and keep crying. I was never like this with my dd and I have never felt so bad or helpless! I read of all these ladies who suffer from sickness etc that seem to be coping and i feel like such a failure. Am I the only one not coping? :(

Hey, I miscarried my first in April and had a very long drawn out miscarriage finally finishing in July. Am now pregnant again and feel very sick all day long (really struggling on trains and with work) and understandably this time I feel very anxious. So just to say that I sometimes think i'm not coping either but trying to stay focussed on the end result as want that more than anything. x

My moods have been all over the place too. I think feeling like this is very normal, and if you're getting through each day you're coping well enough.

Don't be too hard on yourself (anyone in this thread). We aren't lazy, our bodies are VERY busy growing a human being from the first cell up. That's a huge amount of work.

I think giving yourself time to work through what you're feeling and going easy on yourself, treating yourself a bit, can help you get through things easier. Give yourself space to feel what you're feeling, too.

You're certainly not alone in feeling like it's all too much to cope with. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"