Anyone else OH away alot

Gingerspice

Reaction score
its making TTC a nightmare. I mean I'm not actually charting or temping but assuming I OV'd around day 14 then I won't be declining DTD around then.

OH works away a lot. This month he was away from Day 12-15 so despite DTD either side not holding out much hope.. Also just been told that he's away from day 6 - 15 so no hope there. Looks like Sept we might have a chance depending when he's away

My OH isn't away a lot but I am with my job and its just a much a pain in the ass the other way around too :( needs must tho, gotta earn my pennies

My hubby is away for 2 weeks out of every month so its going to be pretty hard for us too.

This month he's going away on day 16 so we might just be ok. Next month I don't think he'll be here when I OV :(

Hi ladies, I'm new here. My OH is away a lot also, he's only just come back home, and hes only here for a week then goes away for 3 months :'(

Hey to all others who either work away themselves or OH works away. and good luck.

Monkey monkey, I can see how you being away a lot causes the exact same issue too.

Charmattack, that sounds like a long time. My OH can be away for longer stints like that but this year so far its all been short stuff, then home for a couple of days before being off again. If we weren't TTC then in someways I prefer the longer stints. it takes a few days to get used to him being away and then the few days before he's home drag and take sooo long. The continual in and out can cause some stress. (Apparently its common in order for them to accept mentally they're going away they can often deliberately look to cause a fight to make it easier for them to process being away, although actually we've not had that for a few years now but can see how that methodology may be true)

Hi Gingerspice :) Yeah the long stints are crap, I'm alright after the first few days as you say and try and keep busy but then half way through I get down again.. It's a vicious cycle lol. My OH tries to cause an argue ent before he goes away, but I've cottoned on what he's up to so just try and ignore it... :) haha! How long have you been ttc? We are NTNP at the minute but I came off the depo over a year ago so I know it can take a while, my cycles are regular and I ovulate so hopefully something will stick :) xx

Not long trying at the mo. 6 months of no protection i suppose. Bascially with him away I don't see the point to continually track so its ore a ntnp at the moment. We have a 3.5 yr old already who was a surprise so I know its possible. Its taken about a year of OH talking me round to giving it a go and the past 3 months been more up to DTD so making a conscious effort to increase the chances.

I'm in a foul mood with LO today though so thinking PMT isn't far off though so doesn't look like this month is ours.

Thinking i should lose some weight though so if this month definitely isn't for us then it'll give me 2 months or so to shift some lbs ready for sept cycle when OH might be around to try.

My DH Lives in N.Y & I live in Ontario Canada. :( --- Its a good 10 hour drive .

Are you ttc when you live that far apart? What happens when you fall pregnant?

Are you ttc when you live that far apart? What happens when you fall pregnant?

Yes we are trying to conceive; its been 18 months with one M.C last Oct. If I become pregnant, he will be moving closer sooner, however he has non hodgkin's lymphoma, and is in need of his final treatment, plus his last PET scan to make sure he is free and clear. :happydance:

However, until then it is what it is. So far we have been able to see each other 2ww on 2ww off. *sigh* but it is getting rough, we were just married in May, and the process to come into Canada is lengthy - he will be moving to Detroit first(area) at least then its only an hour away instead of 10-11.

It is, and I would love to say it got easier or gets easier but it does not. :(
My mother always told me you can never chose who you fall in love with. *sigh*

my OH and I lived in different countries for the first 5 years of our relationship. a 6 hour flight (got together when i was 16 and he was 21, engaged when i was 18, got pregnant at 20 and married 2 weeks after baby was born, 2 months before i turned 21. DD turns 2 next month!) we werent trying for LO. we were actually using condoms lol. but i got pregnant within 3 days of my period ending. so cd 8-11. and due to immigration problems, we didnt actually start living together until LO was 3 months old.

so as unlikely as it may be, take every opportunity you can to BD. just because you're not doing it around day 14, doesnt mean its not possible.

good luck :) hope things look up soon for both of you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->