Anyone else opting to take progesterone?

EarthMama

Mom of 2 & pregnant!
Reaction score
I've had two miscarriages this year, so I decided to go for it and get on a progesterone regimen with this pregnancy. I use a natural progesterone oil which I rub on my skin. It's just natural progesterone and coconut oil, because I am a health/organic freak.

I do have a few concerns about taking it. Like what if the product rubs off on my clothes after I put it on, does that mean I don't get the dose I'm supposed to? And I have heard that if I even miss ONE DOSE it could cause a miscarriage which is intimidating.

But I am DETERMINED to have this baby in August. So I will do what I gotta do.

Anyone else taking progesterone for the first tri? What type and how do you feel about it?

I've had two miscarriages this year, so I decided to go for it and get on a progesterone regimen with this pregnancy. I use a natural progesterone oil which I rub on my skin. It's just natural progesterone and coconut oil, because I am a health/organic freak.

I do have a few concerns about taking it. Like what if the product rubs off on my clothes after I put it on, does that mean I don't get the dose I'm supposed to? And I have heard that if I even miss ONE DOSE it could cause a miscarriage which is intimidating.

But I am DETERMINED to have this baby in August. So I will do what I gotta do.

Anyone else taking progesterone for the first tri? What type and how do you feel about it?

I also had same fear especially as I'm 42+ and I read the older we get the lower our progesterone is.

I'm waiting on a dekivery as soon as if comes I'll start it.

Natural progesterone cream from Wellsprings called Serenity cream. I'm planning on just under quarter teaspoon twice day. Then at 14 weeks start lowering dose and wean off by around 20 weeks.

Do you know if you can overdose on progesterone and if you do what are the negatives of that?

I dont really know much but read on forum about ladies being put on it by their doctor, think in US.

I'm UK and when I asked midwife when I was miscarrying they said they dont look at that as reason, usually chromosome problem. That was helpful, not.

Glad someone else is taking it in their own hands.

Good luck. :hugs:

Some people just have a problem keeping a high progesterone level. I'm in the US and my doctor put me on 100mg progesterone a day through my first trimester and so far our little one is hanging and growing great. You can get your levels testes to see of that is an issue

I have Asherman's Syndrome (uterine scarring) and when I went in at 13 DPO with my BFP my doctor immediately put me on progesterone just in case the corpus luteum is "lazy" in producing progesterone because of the scarring. I'm on the 100 mg suppository twice a day. So far so good!

I took progesterone, oral 200mg 2x a day, thru my first trimester with my pregnancy. And yes, there is some debate on whether it does any good, especially if you don't start it until you know you are pregnant. My OB told me that it might not help, but it certainly can't hurt. I don't recall having any side effects from it. Good luck, ladies!!

Oh forgot to say this on the last thread but congrats on your new BFP Earthmama! I'm so excited for you and I really really really hope this baby is your rainbow.

Anyway, I've been on progesterone (oral) with 6 of my pregnancies. 3 ended in miscarriage but of those 3, 2 were blighted ovums (so wouldn't have continued anyway) and the other was due to a subchorionic hematoma and the resulting clot that formed. I'm on it with my current pregnancy and thus far, things look great! I haven't used the creams at all but I do recall my dr saying it's okay to take progesterone even if you don't really need it. :shrugs: So I don't *think* you can OD on progesterone? I know it's not an issue with me. I'm on 200 mg 2x per day and my levels are STILL on the lower end of the normal range.

i was taking it and took it with my last pregnancy after many m/c and then blood test to prove i have low progesterone that doesnt rise..

im now seeing a new RE and he took me off, says there is a new study showing that women who take it too early on cause a thinner lining making it harder for the haby to attach and stay and that maybe why I HAVE not conceived yet...

Anyway This is my second month off it in a while, so i guess we shall see if that was indeed the problem..

he says once i get preggy he do a test and put me on, the only problem i have with that is i have had several very early m/c.....im scared either way :(

i actually have a stash of my stuff incase i get a plus...im very scared if i do get a bfp that it will be a bfnothing if i dont take it..!!

its a damned if u do, damned if u dont thing..sigh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->