Anyone else pregnant with a rough toddler?

snazz

Reaction score
My three year old son has been pretty rough lately... He seems to want to do nothing else other than wrestle and play fight. I keep reminding him that there's a baby in my tummy and he needs to be gentle but i still get kicked in the belly occasionally, and he's tried to jump my belly a few times. Anyone else having this problem? I know I need to be more strict with the discipline, and I'm trying!

Yep!

I just remind him that he has to be gentle and also that his roughness actually hurts me. He doesn't want to hurt me, and he certainly doesn't want to hurt the baby, so he'll calm down then. Just a hyper, excitable kid :shrug: If he gets to be too rough on me without letting up, I just make him get off me and play on the floor.

My ds is normally very gentle, but his new favorite game is called 'sit on bump' and he likes to climb me and try and sit on my bump. I know he is only playing, I then 'throw' him off which makes him giggle his head off but I hate the game and find it really awkward and painful.
So now I'll let him do it twice and then very firmly say it's enough and stop the game, he doesn't understand why we can't keep playing though. He knows about the baby and will kiss and stroke my belly the rest of the time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->