Anyone else scared to...

susan_1981

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
have sex now that they are pregnant? I'm really paranoid about it. My husband is fine about it and says if I don't feel comfortable about it at the moment then it's fine. But I'm scared of having bleeding afterwards as I know that they say your cervix is filled with blood (is that true?) when you are pregnant so I'm really worried about it. Anyone else worried about it or am I just being paranoid? Don't get me wrong, I don't plan to go the next 8 months without it but it's just in these really early days.

hi,
yep im the same only had it twice since i found out, very paranoid about it, i think we all are.
not sure about the cervix and blood thing though!
i keep saying after 12 wks il be back to normal....put i know i probley wont...oh well.

Well, when my cousin got pregnant with her first baby boy, she continued to have sex with her Bf, she never mentioned anything about bleeding, she had told me it feels much better then it ever did... haha !

My other half is freaked out about having sex. Im only about 5 weeks so yeah i feel a bit funny about it but cant not have sex again for 8 months!! im sure after the birth ill be the one to freaked to have sex!! Ha Ha Ha

I'm not scared, infact I've been ever so horny since I found out I was pregnant, so OH is very pleased lol!

As this is my 4th baby I am not scared although my hubby wont come near me until 12 wks then he is ok with it all xxx

I was scared as first aswell, but i read in a book the M/W gave me thats it safe. and i couldnt imgine going 8months without it either lol. xx

Yep me too. It's also only early days for me and I'm waiting until my first scan in 4 days and then hopefully I'll feel like it again!
Also we have always been totally against having a TV in the bedroom, now I have been talking about getting one and DP said " oh right, it's like that is it now you're knocked up!!!!" He was only joking (I hope!)

:hug:

I am exactly the same! Feeling a bit worried at the moment because it's so early so have told DH that we're not doing it again until after 12 weeks.

If I saw any blood afterwards I would freak out!

I'm not really worried about it. I have a few times with no bleeding, but I just have no desire to at all. Whenever he tries I just push him away and then I feel bad.

My doctor says its totally fine to have sex when you're pregnant, but that didn't change my mind about it. I've had sex once with my fiance since I've been pregnant and I was so nervous about it...now I just make up excuses not to do it even if I'm totally in the mood. I did read somewhere online that because the cervix is going through changes during pregnancy, that having sex can break some blood vessels in there which may cause a little bleeding...but I'm not a doctor and I don't know if that's true.

I'm not scared, infact I've been ever so horny since I found out I was pregnant, so OH is very pleased lol!

Amen! We've only had sex a couple times since we found out I'm pregnant but that's not cuz i don't want to lol! I've bled after sex before but it never led to anything else so I think it's just a separate issue. Has anyone miscarried due to sex or anything?

Well hun im on my 4th and i know that there's no risk etc but im still not wanting to do it :blush:
I know it will be fine and i will do it but i don't really like to....i keep thinking that if people who have had MC's before are told not to (which is what my friend was told by the Doc) then how can it be safe!
Once i get past 12 weeks i relax about it all xxxxx

I feel the same, im really nervous about it, I know its fine to have sex etc but im such a worry pot! I had some brown discharge after we had a ' bit of fun' not sex and that put me right off lol! also I really dont feel like it at all at the moment! my OH is fine about it and he'll wait till im ready

i keep thinking that if people who have had MC's before are told not to (which is what my friend was told by the Doc) then how can it be safe!
Once i get past 12 weeks i relax about it all xxxxx

This is what my pregnancy book says too... its safe but if you've had a mc before you might wanna wait until 12 weeks. Since this is my scenario i denititely will- not that i either could get OH to touch me before then anyway, its like im so holy vessel or something, LOL!!

I've only done it twice since finding out - both times I was extra careful that DH was very gentle.

I've found it hard to get in the mood but I feel bad that DH has to go without - luckily he doesn't seem too bothered - it helps that it's sooo cold at the moment - it's just nice to snuggle up and go to sleep in fluffy pjs - not the weather for stripping off! :rofl:

DH got some alternative luving this morning as I don't want to ... haven't told him of course yet... but he hasn't pushed it, so I'm thinking he's prolly just as paranoid :lol:

I keep finding that I am soooo tired I can't get up the energy for it. We've done it a few times and I will definitely do it more but it is a stark contrast to the amount of times we did it when TTC, lol... Although, one morning I woke up early (as I frequently do) and we had a quickie before work. That was really nice because I find I have so much more energy in the morning than at the end of the day. We recently agreed to start setting our alarm 1/2 hour early to do it first thing in the morning, lol.

I am a little nervous, but I told him to be gentle and we go slowly and gently... It is different than before. I am WAY wetter, which is a good thing... everything feels tighter (probably because it's all swollen). I don't let him go as deep, at least not right away because it hurts. After awhile he can go deeper but it takes me longer to work up to that point than it did TTC.

TMI? LOL Sorry!

I feel the same way...nervous about it, we've done it a few times since, but it felt different and made me nervous. Plus I'm just not in the mood that much, always tired or having bloating, nausea...not really very romantic! My OH is pretty good about it so I'm happy to snuggle right now!

Oh and the other thing - yes, I am extremely horny, lol! But it comes and goes depending on the other symptoms. That's why I think I want to do it so much more in the mornings - I always feel good then. And I have crazy sex dreams about my husband too! So I frequently wake up wanting it, lol. I usually get nausea etc from mid to late morning (used to start early afternoon) through evening... not feeling so "hot" then, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->