Anyone else short of breath?

CG25

Reaction score
I am always struggling to catch my breath doing even the simplest tasks! Anyone else suffering from this? I'm about 37 weeks now and especially after I eat a full meal I am so out of breath ... Then I become hyper aware of my breathing and start to panic! It's an awful cycle

I know breathlessness is normal or common and I don't have any other health issues but was wondering if anyone else had anxiety from breathlessness / how did you deal with it??
Thanks xxxx

I have this exact issue. We went to the mall the other day and I thought I was going to die after climbing some stairs. Once baby is engaged, it should ease up. In my case, I have a short torso, so she's going to smush my organs until it's time to make her debut. Best way I've found to deal with it is to concentrate and breathe through the spells like you would contractions.

I have this exact issue. We went to the mall the other day and I thought I was going to die after climbing some stairs. Once baby is engaged, it should ease up. In my case, I have a short torso, so she's going to smush my organs until it's time to make her debut. Best way I've found to deal with it is to concentrate and breathe through the spells like you would contractions.

The worst part is I sort of start to hyperventilate when I become short of breath bc I freak out ! Gah.

Yes !! Everyone gets it hunni ! It's were baby takes up all the room and pushes your organs into your lungs cheer up baby will drop soon and you'll beable to breath !! Xx

Have you had iron levels checked recently? I have been breathless and lethargic for months and discovered I am severely anemic. Baby taking up space can certainly cause breathlessness but that's fairly mild usually whereas my low iron levels have caused quite severe breathlessness just talking

Yes !! Everyone gets it hunni ! It's were baby takes up all the room and pushes your organs into your lungs cheer up baby will drop soon and you'll beable to breath !! Xx

Thanks:) I'm a FTM and I have no idea when to expect her to drop. I sure hope it's soon though .. Drop baby drop!!!

ETA: at my last appointment the dr said he could feel/touch the baby's head when doing an internal check for dilation (my cervix is still closed though) is the baby's head being at the cervix the same as dropped? If so, I'm still having super breathlessness :(

Have you had iron levels checked recently? I have been breathless and lethargic for months and discovered I am severely anemic. Baby taking up space can certainly cause breathlessness but that's fairly mild usually whereas my low iron levels have caused quite severe breathlessness just talking

I'm not sure if my doctor routinely checks for iron levels when he orders a CBC on me. I know my levels were initially fine at my first prenatal appt. I will ask next week at my 38 wk appt. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->