• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone else still swaddling... at five months?

Sarah+

Reaction score
Anyone else still swaddling... at five months? Our LO just loves being swaddled and he wakes more through the night when he's in his grobag or half swaddled.

He has a thin cotton sheet across the swaddle so he can't roll. I don't want to stop but worry the longer I leave it, the harder it will be!

My LO is just three months and has always slept swaddled. I recently read about the dangers of swaddling once they baby can turn over and decided to wean her. The first night didn't go so well and I ended up giving in. Last night I swaddled her but left one arm out and she did great, sleeping 10 hours without waking. She did scratch her face a little in her sleep but nothing serious. Tonight I just swaddled her bottom half, leaving both arms free. She dozed off after 10 minutes or so and woke about an hour later. It took a while to settle her again but she hasn't woken up since! Hopefully the hardest is over. Like you I was afraid to leave it to long in fear that the habit would be harder to break!

My LO is a few days shy of 5mo and she will only sleep if she is swaddled...however, she isnt sleeping in her crib, she sleeps best in her swing....I know I know I need to wean her off both of those things but havent been able to get myself to do either as she sleep so peacefully that way...as do I hehe

Halen is nearly 6 months and still swaddled, he won't settle otherwise as he still startles himself in his sleep

Emma is almost 6 months and still swaddled. Cannot sleep any other way. So we keep on trying I guess. It is one of our aims for xmas hols when DH off for 2 weeks- at least that way if we up half the night then he is not having to get up for work in the morning. Going to try the 1 arm out approach. That said, if her arm does escape in the night she is usually quickly wide awake!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"