Anyone else stuck in early labor?

AVbaby

Mother of 1
Reaction score
For the last few weeks i have been stuck in early labor. Each time i go see the doctor i get more false hope that active labor will be starting soon. Now, I am just miserable.

Two Weeks ago my doctor checked me and told me i was 1.5cm, cervix was "very tin", and baby was low. I was happy to hear this but didn't think labor was anywhere near, but then the doctor stated "By next week." I was really happy because i already feel blah.

So, the week came and went and nothing. No contractions, some BH but no "real" contractions or pain. Then at my appointment last week, the doctor told me i was 2cm, cervix was soft and "paper thin" but the baby hadn't dropped yet. I was like "WHAT!" Here i thought i was ready to pop. Nope, well when i went to leave i got "I'm on call this weekend and i think you'll be delivering by then." Yet again i had hope...I was almost 39 weeks at this point. My appointment with the doctor was on Thursday and he had me come back on Monday, so not even a week later.

SO..now..

The weekend came and went. On Monday i went in not hoping for anything. What i got was your still 2cm, 80% effaced, -2 station, and your water bag is bulging. I told him not to give me false hope. As the hubby and I left once again i got "i think you'll break your water this coming week." And yes, once gain my heart went YAY!!! and now im sitting here feeling alone (because hubby is at work) just waiting.

Anyone else just waiting it out in the early labor phase???

I am!! My doc told me last week to stay near the hospital. I've been having cramps/contractions for a couple of weeks now and lost part of my plug. (Not sure how dilated I am, I was 1cm a few weeks back, I will be having a c section so they never check me for that. I am hoping my contractions are more regular tomorrow and that I'll be able to go in to have him!

cramps, back pain...i'll take any little sign that labor was on its way but nothing. Some people tell me that they felt nothing and then it all changed once active labor hit. As for my plug i already lost it, and i'm not sure if bloody show is different if not then my plug came out in pieces and last Friday it was the bloody looking one.

I'm not sure about the plug/bloody show either, I thought they were the same thing? :shrug: I know what you mean though, my stuff has been so inconsistent for weeks! It was like this with my last as well, but I wasn't paying attention because I assumed I would make it to my c-section date...this time I know I won't make it to my c-section date so I am definitely paying much more attention and therefor driving myself crazy!! :dohh:

yep yep.. past 3 weeks.. i have heard from the dr each week you wont make it much longer any time now. I probably wont see you again next week.. Even to the ladies at the hospital has been saying the same thing..i am still stuck at 4.5 cm 75% thinned out.. bulging bag of water.. contractions 12-14 minutes apart.. and still NOTHING.....

tired of waiting tired of the pain.. tired of hearing anytime now.. Good luck hun

I have been stuck at 3cm and 75% for the past 3 weeks. Every visit the ob says she cant believe that I havent gone into labor yet. Every time gives me that false hope that it could happen at any minute. I have had all the signs. Lost my plug, BH, craping. pressure, everything but baby just doesnt want to come out. Had the same problem with my daughter and was induced to 42+6 and even that took 4 rounds on an induction before she finally gave in and came out! Just having to accept that this time will probably be the same. I have the ob again today and not looking forward to more false hope :) Only difference this time is that I am in the US instead of the UK so I have an induction date already for the 15th which will put me at 40+2 instead of the horrible wait of waiting an extra 20 days before getting induced with daughter in UK.

I've been having pains on and off for 3 weeks now too and been loosing bits of my mucous plug, the doctor told me last tues he thinks the baby will come in the next few days, still nothing! I haven't even had an internal examination so I have no idea if I've even started to dilate much :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->