Anyone else super behind this year?

leoniebabey

mam of 2 boys
Reaction score
Im having a major panic usually by the sainsburys toy sale im nearly done but between moving which requires money and my money being messed up im super skint. Ive barely even started argh!
Be selevtion boxes for everyone at this rate.

Yes I’m way behind where I usually am and we are a lot worse off financially this year too so I’m stressing about how I’m going to make it all happen in such a short amount of time with limited cash supply!
One minute I’m super excited and festive and the next I’m panicky and stressing about it all lol. X

I wasn't feeling stressed about Christmas and buying but after seeing how much all of your ladies have done etc I feel like I need to start now or something :wacko: I don't generally start until Mid-End of November early December :wacko:

Im so poor this year im having a major panic especially when they want expenaive stuff (minecraft) (video games)

I'm normally a last minute shopper to be honest for most things but this year I'm going on mat leave just after christmas so I can't spend all of november and decmber pay on christmas shopping. So stressful.

I'm feeling way behind this year.
We've normally bought all the nieces and nephews by now, but we're focussing on our 2 first.
I have most of Alex's presents sorted, just waiting on a few to come down in price.
Half of scarletts is done, not sure what else to get her.

I've usually bought most of my kids presents by now but I am not even half way done this year, October is an awful month for us anyway with the anniversary of my brother and father in laws passing, this year my mother in law passed away on September 28th and her funeral is Friday, just want this month to be over so I can focus on Christmas

Me. Not only have I not bought anything yet but I don't even have any ideas on what to buy! :haha:

I've usually bought most of my kids presents by now but I am not even half way done this year, October is an awful month for us anyway with the anniversary of my brother and father in laws passing, this year my mother in law passed away on September 28th and her funeral is Friday, just want this month to be over so I can focus on Christmas
ah sorry to hear sending love to your family

I havnt even thought about family presents yet. They are just gonna have to understand im poor this year. Im thinking pjs and sweets for the family kids
Sisters im not sure
Mam doesnt know what she wants

I'm so behind, We haven't got much money and I'm also trying cut down.
Limiting myself to £30 per week when DH gets paid on Friday.

You will all make it happen :) Don't worry.

We've had a £10k drop in salary since last year, due to OH joining the family business in May. It essentially put us in the skint category compared to what we were used to.

We've...ha (I've) managed to cut down on other things to make sure we have a fab Christmas - own brands, secondhand things etc. I only started last month, DD1 didn't want her birthday party (so that saved some more). I had a panic attack because it was left so late.

I worked out all our money on my spreadsheet and how much we could afford comfortably taking bits of money either weekly or on payday, but not spending it straight away, just so we had something to fall back on unless we had 'spare' money already. I'm not gonna lie, there has been the odd week where we've had £15-20 to last us the week but it made us realise how much money we don't *need* to spend.

My lists have beat my budget too, by over £100 (includng Christmas dinner)!

Thinking of you all x x

I'm so behind this year. I haven't even started yet :( really need to make a start on payday I think.. gonna get my parents, sister and other family members first then concentrate on the girls. I've got my lists ready that's about as far as I've got so far x

I suppose they cant complain too much we had a holiday this year and were going on holiday next year so money is going to that but you still feel guilty dont you.
Im happy with their lists just dont know how its all gonna come together as of yet
They moaned the other week cos i said *shock horror* they would have to reuse last years halloween costumes which still fit and were wore like once!
I tried shopping in aldi but it wasnt for me tbh so im back to asda but being very careful to stick to the list and planning meals. We have smart meters so trying to be careful with elec/gas we have solar panels here so that helps. The kids dont do any activitiea, we dont have sky any more just internet and netflix. I dont go out, dont smoke, dont drink i dont know where all my money goes lol!
Ive cut right back on takeaways.

I suppose they cant complain too much we had a holiday this year and were going on holiday next year so money is going to that but you still feel guilty dont you.
Im happy with their lists just dont know how its all gonna come together as of yet
They moaned the other week cos i said *shock horror* they would have to reuse last years halloween costumes which still fit and were wore like once!
I tried shopping in aldi but it wasnt for me tbh so im back to asda but being very careful to stick to the list and planning meals. We have smart meters so trying to be careful with elec/gas we have solar panels here so that helps. The kids dont do any activitiea, we dont have sky any more just internet and netflix. I dont go out, dont smoke, dont drink i dont know where all my money goes lol!
Ive cut right back on takeaways.

I went loco at OH because is ENTIRE wage went on his BMX in August. Didn't even see the money before it was spent, and it left us living with next to nothing in September. DD1 ended up having to reuse her old school uniform, but could afford new (cheap) shoes.

If you buy online from ASDA, it's worth getting the delivery pass! Especially if you shop more than once a month. I try spend no more than £65 a time too.
I keep £10 aside on the shelf for bread/milk for the week, saves impulse buying when nipping to buy it and paying on card. The spreadsheets really help you keep on track with spending.

Both DD's piles are small this year compared to previous, but I know they will be grateful and appreciate what they get. The excitement takes over the care of amount.

I like to shop in store im old fashioned like that, that and i like to hunt for longest shelf life haha!
Will try that with keeping money aside.
I havnt even bought them new cloths in ages as their summer stuff still fit as does their winter coats and clothes. Im getting money of their dads which helps a bit.
Just got a few more bits today. Im sure they will love what they have there just used to big piles and this year it will probs fit in a big gift bag

Haha yeah I agree with the shelf life!

If they still fit you don't need to buy more :) just add to it if need be.

If you're confident with credit, not go overboard and make sure it's affordable to repay, turn to that. Only as a last resort if you will feel overly guilty. But Christmas isn't worth being in debt over :) what about savings for you holiday? Could you chip into that and put it back at a later date?

I went and bought myself new winter shoes as poor me had none. I lie i got littlest winter boots. Timberlands for the steal price of £13!
I have a couple of credit cards but there all pretty much used i needed a new hoover and other was holiday spends so im paying them off.
They dont know about holiday i was thinkibg to tell them at xmas then at least they know why they dont have much
(They think sabta pays for one gift the santa present and parents give money or send things to santa for everything else)
But at the same time im not telling everyone about the holiday and i know they will blab lol
I dont have spends saved yet i can take a bit from money stashed for flights and then book those after xmas/with xmas money i get.

Im behind, its because im skint though. Totally crap. OHs birthday in Nov and im taking him away for the night so im trying to save for that too. I sold a load of stuff on ebay to buy the stuff ive bought already but money just doesnt go far. Im taking a second job in a month xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->