Anyone else super behind this year?

Somebody else mentioned a plaque which had a countdown on for Disneyland. I can't remember who it was. Maybe you could do one for the boys with destination and wrap it up or put one in a gift box with a big bow. That would definitely disguise the amount (even make them forget) and add extra excitement. Surely they'll understand the cost of that, considering not every child gets to go on holiday :)

Oh thats a good idea. May do that if i decide to tell them. They would deffo understand that holidays cost ££££ as we went to disney in march which cost a fortune.

So behind, so far I’ve bulk bought some bits from the £1 shop, money jars nice ones for the females in our family, some decorative skulls for a relative and a ‘babies future fund’ for a newborn nephew. That’s it. So yeah not much at all but as we don’t want to spend ridiculous amounts I’m pleased with that one shop at the £1 store. I don’t have a clue what I’ll be getting on top of that except a tough tray for our middle boy. Have had the boys flick through the argos catalogue over half term and write lists or circle things so once they are back to school I’ll look through that. I’ll start either Monday or at the start of December x

I suppose they cant complain too much we had a holiday this year and were going on holiday next year so money is going to that but you still feel guilty dont you.
Im happy with their lists just dont know how its all gonna come together as of yet
They moaned the other week cos i said *shock horror* they would have to reuse last years halloween costumes which still fit and were wore like once!
I tried shopping in aldi but it wasnt for me tbh so im back to asda but being very careful to stick to the list and planning meals. We have smart meters so trying to be careful with elec/gas we have solar panels here so that helps. The kids dont do any activitiea, we dont have sky any more just internet and netflix. I dont go out, dont smoke, dont drink i dont know where all my money goes lol!
Ive cut right back on takeaways.

We have no idea where our money goes either and I find it really depressing. Between me and my other half we earn pretty good money and the one ‘treat’ we have is an expensive tv package but I feel we can justify that with our income yet come Christmas I’m still trying to find money from everywhere. Last year I tutored a girl for her maths gcse and the money from that went straight into a Christmas savings tin and I’m really missing that this year

I suppose they cant complain too much we had a holiday this year and were going on holiday next year so money is going to that but you still feel guilty dont you.
Im happy with their lists just dont know how its all gonna come together as of yet
They moaned the other week cos i said *shock horror* they would have to reuse last years halloween costumes which still fit and were wore like once!
I tried shopping in aldi but it wasnt for me tbh so im back to asda but being very careful to stick to the list and planning meals. We have smart meters so trying to be careful with elec/gas we have solar panels here so that helps. The kids dont do any activitiea, we dont have sky any more just internet and netflix. I dont go out, dont smoke, dont drink i dont know where all my money goes lol!
Ive cut right back on takeaways.

We have no idea where our money goes either and I find it really depressing. Between me and my other half we earn pretty good money and the one ‘treat’ we have is an expensive tv package but I feel we can justify that with our income yet come Christmas I’m still trying to find money from everywhere. Last year I tutored a girl for her maths gcse and the money from that went straight into a Christmas savings tin and I’m really missing that this year

I've even made budget sheets which shows all this spare money and im like well where is it because it aint in my bank or purse :wacko:
I dont think it helps that everything has just doubled in price lately food shopping, clothes, bus fares its all so much more expensive. I remember years back for christmas i had so much more for my money. Therea not as many bargains as there used to be. Maybe thats just because they want specific things im not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->