Anyone else take a long time to conceive?

sue247

Reaction score
Hi all,

Would love to chat to others who have similar experiences to me.

I had a MMC in December. It took me 17 months to conceive that time and i am so worried it will take a long time again! I am trying not to get too down about it but it is hard! I was about to go and get tests done when i found out i was finally pregnant! It is so difficult seeing other women i know get pregnant so easily (in the time i have been trying two friends starting trying after me and one's child is 1 years old already and i am still trying!!!). I have a little boy already and i fell pregnant the first month but it has been so hard this time. Seems most people fall pregnant fairly quickly, anyone else finding it really hard?

Came off the pill in December 2005. Conceived for the very first time through IVF in June 2009 so yeah, pretty long. Have one last shot at IVF then I'm done.

HI Curlysue, it is hard isnt it? Good luck with the next IVF.

it's taken me a long time too. Came off the pill July08, after v irregular cycles got pg last April but scan showed silent miscarriage in July 09. Had to ahve d and c. Given 3 rounds of clomid but no bb. Went to fertility clinic last week, they told me to go for blod tests and come back end April- another 2.5 months. I am 37 and was told won't get IVF on NHS here- cut off is 34. 2 ppl at work preg and ahd their babies same time mine should have been born. One now pg as an accident and sister also pg. We are still trying- and losing hope.

Chelle7, it is so difficult month after month trying and getting bfn each month. I am 36 and wonder if this time around my age is affecting my fertility. The month i fell pregnant i splashed out and bought a clearblue fertility monitor. and i fell pregnant the first month of using it! I have started using it again now i have had my first Af after my MMC. Have you tried using OPK tests? After 17 months i was on the verge of giving up but the monitor worked for me. Dont give up!

It took us 6 years to conceive our first. My son Jacob was born stillborn at 23 weeks on 12/5/09. It's hard being patient, isn't it? The BFN every month is a huge disappointment. I was looking in to buying the CB fertility monitor a couple of days ago but they are so expensive! However, it may be worth it. Glad to know you liked it.

Had two mc's and still trying after 3 years... takes so much patience!

It took us 6 years to conceive our first. My son Jacob was born stillborn at 23 weeks on 12/5/09. It's hard being patient, isn't it? The BFN every month is a huge disappointment. I was looking in to buying the CB fertility monitor a couple of days ago but they are so expensive! However, it may be worth it. Glad to know you liked it.

Hi Daisygirl,

I just wanted to say that I bough a CBFM on eBay this week. I got the monitor and 20 sticks for £65 delivered - much better than the prices at Boots and Amazon etc.

xx

Hi all,

Would love to chat to others who have similar experiences to me.

I had a MMC in December. It took me 17 months to conceive that time and i am so worried it will take a long time again! I am trying not to get too down about it but it is hard! I was about to go and get tests done when i found out i was finally pregnant! It is so difficult seeing other women i know get pregnant so easily (in the time i have been trying two friends starting trying after me and one's child is 1 years old already and i am still trying!!!). I have a little boy already and i fell pregnant the first month but it has been so hard this time. Seems most people fall pregnant fairly quickly, anyone else finding it really hard?

Hi Sue,

I really know how you feel although we are still trying for our first baby. I got pregnant month one when we first started trying but had a missed miscarriage at around 12 weeks. It then took us 12 months to conceive again and it ended with another miscarriage at 8 weeks. The last miscarriage was in Dec 2009 and we've been disappointed in January and February already with BFN results. I'm just so gutted at the moment. We both want this so much and there doesn't seem to be anything we can do to make it happen any quicker. I'm going to start using my CBFM this month so fingers crossed.

Lolly W, so sorry for your losses. Any loss is awful but when you have waited patiently for so long while others seem to get pregnant so easily it makes it feel even harder to deal with. The monitor is really worth trying. Not only did it help me to conceive, it made me feel better feeling like i was doing all i could to maximise my chances! When do you start using it, i am on day 8 now and it has gone to high fertility so FX crossed that it is a normal cycle this month as i have just had my first AF after my MMC. Hope it works for you

Dasygirl82 and 3yearsttc - sorry for your lossses too. It is hard being patient and so easy to get really down about it each month. Like Lolly was saying Dasiygirl you can get the monitor cheaper on ebay, i got mine on ebay new and sealed for £50. I really think it is worth the money.

Lolly W, so sorry for your losses. Any loss is awful but when you have waited patiently for so long while others seem to get pregnant so easily it makes it feel even harder to deal with. The monitor is really worth trying. Not only did it help me to conceive, it made me feel better feeling like i was doing all i could to maximise my chances! When do you start using it, i am on day 8 now and it has gone to high fertility so FX crossed that it is a normal cycle this month as i have just had my first AF after my MMC. Hope it works for you

Dasygirl82 and 3yearsttc - sorry for your lossses too. It is hard being patient and so easy to get really down about it each month. Like Lolly was saying Dasiygirl you can get the monitor cheaper on ebay, i got mine on ebay new and sealed for £50. I really think it is worth the money.

Thank you Sue - I'm expecting my af today so will start using it as soon as it arrives. I tested yesteday and got a BFN so I'm sure it'll be time to unpack my shiny new monitor soon! I need to get reading the instructions as I have no idea what to do with it!

Hi im sorry for everyones losses...Ive been trying for nearly 3 years had my 1st m.c aug 08 at 10 wks and my 2nd m.c at 16 weks jan 09. Been TTC ever since bt noluck as my cycles are going mad!. Its so frustrating i cant fiind the words to explain it other than cry

hi all so sorry for everyones losses so sad :'(, my partner and i had been trying for nearly 3halfyears when we fell in december 2008 sadly ended in m/c in feb 09 have been trying ever since but nothing soo annoying and heartbreaking im actually going to give acupuncture ago in april (funds dont allow it at the moment ) so hopefully we will have a baby in 2011 :) good luck to every one xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->