Anyone else taking a birthing class?

BadMamaJAMA

Reaction score
I'm in the process of trying to sign up for a Bradley Method course. I've heard good things so far... anyone done this before?

Really, it's because I'm an anxious personality and want to talk through the whole birthing process and feel like I have some agency over it. Also, I was hoping to meet other parents in our area.

How did it work out for you?

I will, I'm a planner so I want to know all I can.

I looked into classes and want to take the Bradley classes as well but I can't afford it. So instead I will just research online and do my best. :shrug: ...for me it is about really not wanting any meds while in labor so I want to know all the tricks for comfort going in.

I'm taking one , more for dads sake since this is his first baby then mine but be nice refresher for me.

I looked into classes and want to take the Bradley classes as well but I can't afford it. So instead I will just research online and do my best. :shrug: ...for me it is about really not wanting any meds while in labor so I want to know all the tricks for comfort going in.

I feel the same! :) I'll keep you posted on what I learn, if we get successfully signed up.

Yeah, but not until later. My hospital provides tons of different classes. I'm hoping to sign up for a few.

I'll be taking a Hypnobirthing class, it's expensive but I've heard great things about the method!

There aren't any classes like that in my area. My hospital offers a course that I will probably take but I think it is more of a generic overview that covers the basics of birthing and what services the hospital provides.

I have been looking at doing the home study version of hypnobabies. I found a great site that compared hypnobabies and hypnobirthing and that, in addition to my own research has me feeling it will be a better choice for me. There are so many options out there though, almost feels like a class in what childbirth class to take would be helpful!

I'm going to take them. My hospital offers a series, including one that focuses on natural childbirth. (The rest are car seat installation, breastfeeding and new baby care)
I'm going to buy the books/cds for hypnobirthing, but there are no classes in my area.

I'm not as it is my second, but I took NCT classes in my first pregnancy, they are very pro natural birth and breastfeeding so I found it a really good forum to ask questions, meet like minded people, have more of an idea about the process, the risks and benefits to all pain relief from water through to c sections but most of all it was great just being given the time because the MWs were too busy to be able to talk to me in the detail I would have liked. I felt I went into labour feeling knowledgable. Definitely recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->