Anyone else the same?

LilUnxO

Reaction score
just wondering if there's anчone else who hasn't got a job or had to leave work before theч're able to claim maternitч paч?

i've had to walk out of work as theч were treatin' me like complete + utter shit tbh .. even mч doctor explained to me the best thing to do was to leave my current job as stress isn't good at anч stage of pregnancч let alone first 3 months

just wondering if there's anчone else on here in same situation or anчthing similar as i'm gettin' kinda worried i won't be able to provide for mч kid

x

How far gone are you?
If your still early and physicaly able to work then I would strongly suggest finding a new job ASAP, you wont have to tell them your pregnant untill you want to and the later on in pregnancy you'll be able to clain maternity pay(at most places you will anyway)
Im currently only working 2 days a week and looking for a job, which is a real struggle in Devon, But I know thats what I have to do if I want the best for my baby
X

Dont worry Im in the same boat. I lost my job at the same time as finding out I was pregnant just been doing shitty temping on and off since. Im well skint, Its going to be a struggle when I cant work anymore Ill have to claim housing benefit aswell as my Maternity Allowance. It will all work out in the end though. Sorry not a teen Im hijacking but wanted to let you know Im in the same boat.

Edit: btw you dont have to tell a work place about being pregnant till your 26 weeks. You might be able to claim maternity allowance (after 29 weeks) if you have worked for 26 weeks in the 66 weeks before bubs is due, and thats £117 a week.

Edit: btw you dont have to tell a work place about being pregnant till your 26 weeks. You might be able to claim maternity allowance (after 29 weeks) if you have worked for 26 weeks in the 66 weeks before bubs is due, and thats £117 a week.

It's different with every employer as to whether you're entitled to statutory mat pay. Sometimes its 26 weeks continuous service before your qualifying week (15th week before baby is due) or x weeks before x amount of weeks before the baby is due if you get me lol, so you need to check with whoever you work for. At my work it's 90% of average wages over 2 months before your date of leaving or the £117 if that's lower and you can only claim it if you're earning enough to be paying National Insurance (£90). I've gone by what the procedure is like at my place, but as I said it's different everywhere so you need to check and not take the pay for granted. Rofl this turned into a really long essay! Sorry. :rofl: x

I meant maternity allowance rather than statutory maternity pay. which is for people who change jobs during pregnancy

How far gone are you?
If your still early and physicaly able to work then I would strongly suggest finding a new job ASAP, you wont have to tell them your pregnant untill you want to and the later on in pregnancy you'll be able to clain maternity pay(at most places you will anyway)
Im currently only working 2 days a week and looking for a job, which is a real struggle in Devon, But I know thats what I have to do if I want the best for my baby
X

i'm only 6 weeks gone .. 7 this thursday. i'm still physically able to work, it's just the only place i actually get work are in call centres lol & they're really fussy about the amount of time you take off for doctor appointments & stuff as they loose out on the amount of calls & stuff. plus they ask for a doctors note 2 weeks beforehand & if i show up with a note from my GP or midwife explaining i'm going for a scan .. well they'll suss me out lol x

How far gone are you?
X

i'm only 6 weeks gone .. 7 this thursday. i'm still physically able to work, it's just the only place i actually get work are in call centres lol & they're really fussy about the amount of time you take off for doctor appointments & stuff as they loose out on the amount of calls & stuff. plus they ask for a doctors note 2 weeks beforehand & if i show up with a note from my GP or midwife explaining i'm going for a scan .. well they'll suss me out lol x

There must be other jobs you can do? Like working in a shop? Or cleaning or anything that brings in money.
Yeah they would suss you out so if you want to keep it to urself for a while I deffinantly think you should get a job which isnt like that, where you need 2 weeks notice, and you dont have to tell them why you are going to the doctors, Just say its for personal reasons, your employer doesnt need to know why.
X

most places round here though want a doctors note just to prove that your not skyving off work. :( so either way even if i did get a job in a shop like i used to do i'd still need to provide a doctors note its the same in all jobs round here x

You shouldnt worry about hiding your pregnancy too much. Once youve got the job they cant sack you for being pregnant. Most places have such a high turnover of staff you wont be the only one working there for 7 months or so.

i dont work i quit my job coz my boss was a complete foool but i got my other half to support me but the best thing is go down the job center and see what you can claim

i dont work i quit my job coz my boss was a complete foool but i got my other half to support me but the best thing is go down the job center and see what you can claim

thankyou :) i rang job centre earlier today & they said best thing to do is to get a doctors note & take it in & they'll see what they can do as ihaven't got proof of pregnancy as of yet with no scans or my MAT B1 form or anything x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->