Anyone else to get a growth scan?

lizzypie

Reaction score
I had my 20 wk scan last week and everything was fine. Went for antenatal apt today and I have been told that due to my size(im quite overweight) I have to go for another scan at 28 weeks in order to assess the babys growth. Im sure this will be fine, but its started me worrying :( I feel quite weepy and anxious that its my fault my baby may not be growing properly ortoo much. I haven even checked what the risks are! Im aware about gestational diabetes, but still really worried. Anyone had this experience or any advice?

My bmi is 35 so I have a growth scan at 34wks,wish it wasn't so late on tho I'd rather have it at 30wks xx

I have got to have a growth scan at 28 and 36 weeks due to steroids I have been on during 1st tri.

Just wanted to add that my mw said I was having this bcoz of my size I stand a higher risk of gd so they want to check baby is not to big to push out and if that's the case they will talk about c-sections or inducing early.there just doing it so there are no birthing complications Hun,don't worry xx

hey im also having growth scans at 28 and 32 weeks and i dnt even know why lol but u got me thinking now lol ill ask when i go on wednesday the way i see it is as long as there keeping an eye on u see it as a good thing ;) xxxx hug sxxx

ive got type 1 diabetes and im having growth scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks. at my anomaly scan baby Lily was perfectly sized for 20 weeks. the only reason i am having growth scans is because they suguest it to keep an eye out and make sure that everything is ok. dont be worried if they are giving you growth scans. think of it as an opertunity to make sure your baby is healthy, and a chance to see them again :) im sure if your scans and test results have been fine up to now, they are only doing it as a precaution. better safe than sorry i say. x

Hey popping over from 3rd trimester . I also Had to have extra scans due to my bmi being 35 :( , At first I was quite upset but I talked to my oh about it and realised its a added bonus we get to see our little man more . They only do it for precaution. My baby is measuring normal for the time and I also had a gestational diabetic test which come back negative . :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->