Anyone else TTC with an autoimmune disease?

I have diabetes type 1 which is consdiered autoimmune by some and hypothyroidiam which I was told is autoimmune related and very common with the diabetes - was diagnosed at 12 with diabetes and 18 with hypothyroidism. Luckily I won't have to stop anyof those meds when pregnant, but they get heavily adjusted throughout a pregnancy.

Hiya,

I have Lupus and Sjordrens syndrome with positive antibodies for Anti-Ro/La. (anti-ro is commonly present it Sjordrens)

The Rheumatologist said it wont cause any problems getting pregnant, but there could be a problem with the babies heart, (congenetal heart block, but can be fixed either in the womb or shortly after birth) therefore if I get a :bfp: I become a high risk pregnancy, but I was there anyway as I have had a gastric bypass.

It is worth getting bloodwork done on what anti-bodies are in your system as the one to do with lipids can cause miscarriage, but can be prevented from doing that by good drug therapies :) (i dont have that but I got checked because I was worried).

Good news is pregancy can force most auto-immune conditions into remission :D so better get :sex:

I hope some of this is useful to you, I found https://www.babycentre.co.uk/preconception/beforeyoubegin/lupuswhattoknowexpert
and

https://www.uklupus.co.uk/

Very useful :)

Delly xxx

Beast feeding also prolongs the benefit of the immune system surpression during pregnancy too :D
Anti inflamatory biased diets can also help keep the immune system quieter than it would otherwise be if you did eat junk and stuff.

I am a firm believer in taking better care of yourself....I have been seeing a naturopathic doctor and it has been very helpful! I feel so much better. She started me on a bunch of vitamins and changed my diet. It has really helped.

That's fab :) nice to hear from like minded people taking a step in managing how they are by what they eat :)

hi i was just wondering if their was anyone else on this site that has the same autoimmune problems i have lupus anticoagulant, APS antiphospholipid syndrome,and fibromyalgia my doctor recently put me on Folgard and a baby aspirin everyday i was just curious if anyone else on folgard and baby aspirin has had any luck getting pregnant and carrying to term? i have already had 2 miscarriages and really am nervous about pregnancy number 3 my doctor says i will have to be on levenox then switch to heprin when i get preg. but he wont start me on levenox till i reach 6 weeks my last miscarriage was in nov of 09 at 5 weeks i have read that alot of women with this APS is started on the levenox before they even get preg so i was just wondering if anyone was goin through anything like this or if anyone could give me some advice id really appreciate it thanks!

I have Vitiligo, which is believed to be an autoimmune system. Doctors suspect Lupas/Thyroid issues, but we're still trying to figure things out.

Hiya,

I have Kidney disease which is secondary to a blood disorder that I had when I was about 12. My kidneys are stable and have been for a long time, I have flare ups still of inflammed joints, if I get a cold its normally straight to antibiotics, the biggest issue has been my kidneys and flu season. I was lucky to be diagnosed with the disorder straight away because autoimmune is hard to diagnose sometimes.

That being said I have had issues getting pregnant but we did succeed twice, and now have a 14 DD and a 13 DS, however I have not been able to concieve since my son...I'm now 36 and we're looking at IVF, our FS said she feels autoimmune and infertility could be part of the issue. I am unexplained and everything comes back fine as far as fertility issues go so there is no reason we shouldn't have gotten pregnant.

I know this thread is old but is there others out there with these same issues???

I'm still trying for baby #1 here.

I have Lupus and I'm trying for # 2. My first pregnancy was wonderful and my doctor feels that I should be fine getting pregnant again. We just did bloodwork just to see where my levels are at. Waiting to here about the results. My change in diet (vegan) and exercise is what I truly believe help me to be in better health to become pregnant. Good luck!!

Bless you ladies...lupus and MS and you still magaged to have babies. :flower:

I have endometriosis and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I have had 2 surgeries to manage the endo and started thyroid medication in Oct. Had an unmedicated IUI last cycle but no bfp. nothing this cycle but will be on clomid and FSH shots for next cycle.

Did you get pregnant via IVF, IUI or natural?? How long did it take?

There is hope for you....my sister has Hoshimoto's and endometriosis as well. She had 3 successful pregnancies. Just follow your treatments and keep positive. :)

There is hope for you....my sister has Hoshimoto's and endometriosis as well. She had 3 successful pregnancies. Just follow your treatments and keep positive. :)

Do you mind my asking, as I have those as well, did you sister just take thyroid meds or was she recommended anything else?

Hi CedarWood.....she took thyroid meds(Synthroid). It was a very long time ago for her....I'm sure there is better options other than meds...depending on how bad your condition is....good luck!

Hi CedarWood.....she took thyroid meds(Synthroid). It was a very long time ago for her....I'm sure there is better options other than meds...depending on how bad your condition is....good luck!

Thanks for the reply:flower: I was curious, as at my current stage, I am wondering If I should keep trying natural or go for some other treatment. I take my thyroid meds of course but that's about it:)

It depends on how long you have been ttc. They say, on an average, that it takes a healthy couple, one year to conceive. So if you have only been trying for a couple months, I would go the natural route....but it can't hurt to discuss it with you obgyn and endocrinologist. They should be able to put you on the right path.

It depends on how long you have been ttc. They say, on an average, that it takes a healthy couple, one year to conceive. So if you have only been trying for a couple months, I would go the natural route....but it can't hurt to discuss it with you obgyn and endocrinologist. They should be able to put you on the right path.

I'm wondering if you know what her TSH level was when she concieved.
I'm reading other threads here and most ladies seem to say that they got pregnant once their TSH reached 1. My endocrinologist said anything under 2 was ideal but 1 seems to be the right level.

Hi just thought I would join in the discussion as I have lupus. Was diagnosed in my early 20s now 29 and been symptom free and medication free for 2 years. Ttc #1

I have Sjogren's and have been ttc since November. Dr said ok to stay on Plaquenol. Pretty much assymptomatic - just blood work funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->