Anyone else TTC with Vaginismus?

wellsk

Iris' Mummy!
Reaction score
Hi :hi:
I'm 21 and I've been TTC for 9 cycles, I have also have vaginismus for around 3 years. It's been hell :cry:
When I first started suffering, it was impossible to have any kind of penetrative sex, to insert a finger, tampon, even a swab! I have had psychosexual counselling for several months which did help somewhat, but it never actually went away. I can have sex sometimes now, but it's still extremely painful and can only happen a couple of times a month (not really beneficial to TTC).

I am hoping to find others who are suffering similar and know what helps them or how they cope with TTC :hugs:

Hi :hi:
I'm 21 and I've been TTC for 9 cycles, I have also have vaginismus for around 3 years. It's been hell :cry:
When I first started suffering, it was impossible to have any kind of penetrative sex, to insert a finger, tampon, even a swab! I have had psychosexual counselling for several months which did help somewhat, but it never actually went away. I can have sex sometimes now, but it's still extremely painful and can only happen a couple of times a month (not really beneficial to TTC).

I am hoping to find others who are suffering similar and know what helps them or how they cope with TTC :hugs:

Hello Wellsk

I too have vaginismus since 3 years. I realized it when we tried having sex and things were not happening. I went to an obgyn , who referred me to a therapist. I went to her once and realized with dilators I can work on myself and overcome the problem. Till now I have been able to insert only 2 of the smallest ones. Have you tried dilators?

Being 30, having my biological clock ticking away, and sex being close to impossible DH and I thought about using syringes to inseminate and now I am 4 weeks pregnant.

It's wonderful to meet you silala! :hugs:
I haven't tried to dilators, the therapy really helped and I was able to begin using tampons and stuff, I can it achieve sex sometimes. But I have to be careful as and when, if that makes sense?
Congratulations on getting pregnant! That's such fantastic news and I'm genuinely chuffed for you! How long did it take for you to conceive?

same here :hugs: I totally get what you are saying...timing and being calm helps a lot. Im happy that therapy has helped you O:)

Thank you! It took us 3 cycles, though it was only the last cycle i was sure when i was going to ovulate ( used clearblue digital OPK instead of the usual IC's) and DH did'nt have any travelling to do :thumbup:

Your post actually came at a perfect time for me. My DH was refusing to try AI at home because he didn't like the though. The next day you write that post! He definitely felt a little more convinced by it seeing that it didn't take you long.
Do you mind me asking if you know why your Vaginismus started? Or did it just appear?

P.s. If you start a pregnancy journal, let me know... I'm definitely following :thumbup:

I am happy I wrote at the right time :thumbup: ...AI surely works.....im not sure if you've seen this thread, it has a lot of info on AI and helped me a lot

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/a...tificial-insemination-success-stories-17.html

Well, I was not aware I had vaginismus till recently, as I had'nt inserted a tampon etc ....so when we got married i quickly got to know something was'nt right, but we always thought with more practice things would be fine, but it never did. So i got to know only when the doctor told me

How about you? Are you able to go through Pap smear's and all? You know, i have'nt had one till now :shrug:

Will surely let you know if i start a journal :)

I haven't had a pap smear either, as I'm too young for the NHS to do anything about it yet! I've had a lot of cervical exams using speculums and stuff, and they're evil! I only had one yesterday and the pain is hurrendous and she had to stop.
I've had a gyne actually have me held down by nurses to perform an exam, which was awful and he should've never have done it! He should've sent me away and come back using anaesthetic.

I have seen the AI threads, I am part of one of them somewhere! :haha: But DH was not convinced as he thought that maybe we could just BD 'normally'.
I've had 2 sexual partners, my first I never had any problems and everything was just fine. When I got with my DH, we had an amazing sex life having sex probably 10 times a week! But shortly afterwards my DH got extremely ill and ended up in hospital for quite a while and needing a lot of care. When he began to recover I found that I had this problem, I don't know if it's because of him. Or if something happened to my body while he was ill. Then it just changed! :wacko:

How long did it take you to get diagnosed?

hmmm...pelvic exams and speculums are things I dread too...but this gyno doc whom uve told about is super crazy....to be forcing people!grrrrr!

it took me 2.5 yrs to know i have this....I got to know the day I went for a pap smear....thinking it was quite normal to get this done, everyone gets it done and so i will be able to get it too.....but what i thought in my mind was the exact opposite of what happened...i never let the speculum go any deep inside me....i even :cry: when i came out of the doc's office

Hello ladies, I know this is an old thread but need some help! currently ttc and definitely feel like I have vaginismus. Haven't gone to therapy but want to try AI. What kind of syringes did you use and how deep? I can't even get a tampon in so I'm worried about this whole process. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->