Anyone else using Tinzaparin daily injections?

Jasa1911

Reaction score
Morning all,

I guess the title says it all...

I was pescribed Tinzaparin daily injections yesterday, its used to thin the blood on top af daily aspirin.

Im so soft and I am finding it really difficult to stab myself with a needle in a morning lol! And the bruise I have from yesterdays injection isnt the nicest lol!

Im going to look like a pin cushion after the next 5 months lol!

Anyone else going through this?

xxxx

Hiya hun, i'm on Clexane whch is another form of blood thinner and been on it since finding out about BFP but that's coz i was on long term warfarin asi have a history of DVT's.

I dont think your soft, its hard inflicting pain on yourself and yup know exactly wat you mean about he bruising....just wait til you get the fatty lumps theyre even more attractive lol. Do you have to inject daily or twice daily? I'm lumbered with twice daily which is just ughh but if it keeps my baby safe and stops me developing another clot i'm more than happy to do it!!!

Out of interest does the Tinzaparin burn when you inject it???

Hi
I did use Tinzaparin daily in my last pregnancy but they decided the treatent was 'too aggressive' for me and that I don't need them this time (other than post natally). I have never had a blood clot but we do have a blood clotting disorder in our family which is why they gave it me first time round but the hospital have now decided they were being a bit too over cautious.

I sympathise with you - the injections really hurt (but no, don't remember them burning) and my legs looked hideous, bruised and lumpy. Some days I really really had to force myself to do it and it really hurt, other days I just did it without really thinking.

Such a pain, but worth it if it keeps you well xx

Tut think i might ask to change then coz ive had fragmin before and heparin which are other forms and they all burn my mum's allergic to fragmin, clexane and heparin and so was given tinzaparin lsat time she went in hosp and that didnt burn her either. Glad to hear theyre not making you take them this time, you must be so relieved :) xx

Hey, Thanks for your replys, glad Im not the only one lol!

Mine is for my heart problem, long story, but it means I'm more prone to colts.

I already have a lump from yesterdays injection, I only have to do it once a day though - I really feel for you Nineena! Mine doesnt burn though. Maybe they will change it for you?

I hope I get used to it, and your right if it helps me and baby , and helps us finally have a succesful preganacy Il try anaything! So whats a jab a day for the next 20 weeks (EEKK!!) compared to a lifetime of a child! :)

20 weeks that's not fair lol ive got to have mine for 3 weeks after birth and f i BF i have to have them til i stop so we could be talking another 18 months of injections omg i'll be a blue lump lol xx

Well i hoping they stop it before the birth, I hardly stop bleeding after I have jabbed myself lol! So I dont want to bleed out because my blood is to thin when I give birth!!

Surely they have to stop it before you undergo something like that?

you have me worried now lol, could be stabbing myself with these pesky needles longer than I thought lol!
xxx

its different for me mines a treatment instead of the Warfarin tablets i ook as i'm on them for life so i have to take some form of blood thinner on a daily basis and you cant take warfarin whilst pregnant. I don't bleed when i have the injections just get a nasty bruise. Ive been told that the day i go into labour i just donttake my injection and they put me on a drip to contract my womb to stop the risk of bleeding after birth. If yours is for a heart condition they probably just need baby to get to a certain age before you can stop the injections as you'll be at less risk. Do you have to have regular blood tests on the Tinzaparin to make sure you're on the right dose? Apparently i'll be having mine every month xx

I have to have a blood count every week for the next four weeks but thats it so far as I know, they may go to monthly after that!

Gosh I dont know the stuff we put ourselves through for babies lol!

xxx

i was on them when in hospital. i also had horrible bruises. i wouldn't have the guts to do it myself! i find it didn.t hurt as much in my thigh.

I was on them till I went into labour, and then for 6 weeks after. Sorry! :(

I was on them till I went into labour, and then for 6 weeks after. Sorry!

OOHHH NOO!! Oh well if I have to I have to, I just want to give the baby the best start, So if these injections and millions of tablets help us both then GREAT!

Thanks Girls, I feel better about it now really (Until tomorrow morning when I have to do it again! lol!)
xxx

lol Jasa least it only lasts a few seconds and then its over with :)

this is true but baby is more than worth it :) And at least you know you're not alone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->