Anyone else wanting the birth photographed?

mrscupcake

Reaction score
I've seen some lovely professional cinematography and photography of labour and birth. We're hoping for a home water birth and I'm pondering to either have my hubby photographing with our SLR or whether to ask a family member to do it, she isn't a photographer but she is a kind of cinematographer and has a good eye for photos. Would be nice to get that special day on camera.

I would love to because I love looking at all the beautiful birth pictures, but don't think I want extra people in the room while I'm giving birth.

I had my sister and mother taking photos, as they were both there anyway. Tbh, later on in labour I didn't notice them taking them at all, I was too focussed on what I was doing. The only problem is the room was very dimly lit and they didn't use flash so as not to disturb me, so lots of the photos aren't great. Some are though.

First time round I felt it would be too embarrassing/gross to have on camera!

Second time round I asked my mum to do it - she only used her point and shoot but she got some lovely snaps!

Next time I'd love to have it done "properly" - I know I will be using a doula and some doulas incorporate a little photoraphy into what they do, while at the same time knowing that it mustn't be intrusive or disturb the lady in labour. :)

I was going to with ds2, but then I decided not to during transition. Next time for sure though as I regretted saying no with ds2.

my doula took mine, they are on the bottom of my birth story of you want to look on the link on my sig.

so glad i have them to cherish <3

i'll have DH on hand with the camera nearby, hoping he wont have his hands full with children and will be able to take the pictures lol he got a couple from ds1's bith but nothing from ds2's as he was holding my leg thanks to SPD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->