• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else with DVT durin pregnancy?

JViti

*Autism Mommy*
Reaction score
so i just spent the last few days in the hospital for a dvt in my leg. i am now on blood thinners for the remainder of the pregnancy.

anyone else have this issue and still have a healthy baby? any words of advice?

Hi J, what a scary experience! :hugs: How are you feeling now? Everything going well with the injections?

I had my DVT and PEs diagnosed before falling pregnant so I also need to inject blood thinners and take baby aspirin every day. Don't worry, your baby should be absolutely fine and unaffected! You're the one who suffers. Heparin doesn't even cross the placenta and although aspirin does it helps by preventing clots on the baby's side and helps prevent issues such as pre-eclampsia.

Since my clots I have had my healthy full term son and am currently 24 weeks pregnant with my second child. My DVT nurses have told me that they usually have around four pregnant women under their care at any one time so it is pretty routine for them.

Being diagnosed with clots is very scary and most people will suffer from worry and anxiety for quite a while after so don't feel like you need to be brave and suck it up.

I can definitely recommend wearing the stockings for the full two years after your diagnosis, btw. It greatly reduces the risk of long term problems with your leg. There are even pretty ones out there!

Good luck with everything and I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->