Anyone else with this high of a progesterone?

aPharmD

Reaction score
Got my bfp saturday am. Got my first beta and progesterone drawn today. My hcg was 84 which is where I expected it to be but my progrsterone came back at 86.8 ng/ml (276 nmol/l). I feel like this is really high. Anyone have any experiences?! Ive read multiples are possible. This was my first clomid cycle and my 7 dpo progesterone was 31.2 ng/ml.

Anyone?! Im so nervous I have to bump my own thread! Sorry people!!

Sorry I never had mine tested, what did they say when they gave you the results? Did they say to expect a multiple pregnancy?

My first HCG was over 100 and more than double a couple of days later. From what I've read, yours look like it's pointing toward a singleton Unless you are super early on your DPO. But, HCG is not always an accurate way to determine how many babies you'll have. Maybe there are 2 in there. :)

Here is a link to HCG level comparison https://www.betabase.info/.

I'm not worried about hcg really bc I know that varies so much. The progesterone level though is 3.5 times what it was my last pregnancy. I'm 11 to 12 dpo. And in only 5 days it almost tripled! And most normal ranges say like 9-47 and mine is almost 87....

The results get posted online an hr later so I will talk to office today. I couldn't even sleep last night lol!

Hi there, my progesterone was always pretty high. Only one in there at a time! I was never on progesterone suppliments

With my first it was: 13dpo hcg 25 progesterone 76/ 15 dpo hcg 83 progesterone 91/ 17 dpo hcg 208 progesterone 72

With this pregnancy it was 13 dpo hcg 10 progesterone 63/ 15 dpo hcg 48 progesterone 96/ 18 dpo hcg 295 progesterone 92

I've never heard progesterone as an indicator or multiples but who knows?!

Thanks ladies! I read on a lot of forums it can indicate multiples or a molar pregnancy. So I got a little worried! Whattoexpect, do you know the units yours were reported in? Some countries use nmol/l in which case mine were 276... I know the states typically use ng/ml...

Eekk. sorry. I read it wrong ahhaha. That's what I got for reading early in the morning. I never heard of progesterone as indication for multiples before or molar pregnancy. But my progesterone level was 24 ng/ml at 9 dpo and 34 ng/ml at 11 dpo. I also took progesterone in oil shot on daily basis for now. I hope it's more multiple than molar pregnancy. FX aPharmd! Keep us posted!

I would think ng/ml, I'm in Canada. Can't wait to find out! Keep us posted

my 12dpo progesterone was 55. I did have two sacs, one twin vanished by 7 weeks. So I now have a singleton pregnancy.

There is a chance of multiples, OR because you had clomid, it may just be two corpus luteum cysts formed from two follicles that ovulated. That was what my RE said was why my progesterone was so high. But that doesn't automatically mean that both implanted. I wouldn't worry just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->