Anyone else with two girls? (or boys!)

Leafy

Reaction score
I've got two girls (aged 2 & 4) and they just constantly fight over toys.

It's going to cost a bomb to buy two of the same of everything! But i just know there will be shouting & tears xmas day if one has something the other hasn't got! My OH thinks we shouldn't pander to it and they'll have different things and that's that!

Its driving me nuts worrying about jealousy issues over toys!! My little one being only 2 just doesn't get the whole 'sharing' thing yet.

Anyone buy the same stuff? or is this just a waste of money to buy stuff in doubles? :dohh:

I've got 4 boys. Some things I do buy two of (or when my older three were younger I sometimes bought 3!) Other times I'll just buy one, or buy them different parts of the same sets to play together with (e.g. last year we bought the playmobil zoo. Ds3 had the zoo and ds4 had the petting zoo to go with it. Then they both had extra animal sets to expand it)
My youngest two do fight quite a bit at the moment and it drives me insane so I feel for you.

I’ve got 2 girls who are 7 and 6 and I’ve always brought 2 of everything at Christmas. If it’s big presents then I will get the one and have it as a joint present but like my dh said if we had a boy and girl we wouldn’t buy them presents to share so mine always get the same so no falling out!! I don’t want to spend Christmas sorting out arguments

We have two boys and often get two of the same, in fact one year we bought two remote control cars and they worked on the same frequency so we had to take one back! However most of the time they are the same but different e.g. The are both getting a transformer but different types

I have 3 girls (6,4 & 3)and theres quite a few things I have bought 3 of. They are pretty good at sharing, so bigger things I don't need to duplicate. Alot of things I buy similar, but different so their things can be put together and played with by everyone (barbies, playmobil, lego etc eventually ends up in the same big box so its free for anyone to play)

I've also got 2 girls (nearly 2 and nearly 5!) .

They constantly argue over toys now . DD2 is very bossy though and like yours doesn't get the whole sharing idea everything is hers lol

We have mainly got them different things purely because we didn't want two of everything (or they each have variation of the same thing so they both have two Enchantimal Dolls each) Although they will still argue over everything lol

We do have one present for them to share so I don't know how that's going to go down!

I would say cater for their different interests and ages or buy a variation of the same thing . I was stressing over the same thing a few weeks ago !

Same boat, one almost 4 and one almost 2. I bought them a lot of the same thing but a slightly different version, some different things and a shared toy (playmobil petting zoo), every time they fight at the moment I tell them Santa wants to bring them toys to share and play with together but he won’t bring anything if he sees they can’t get along.

Same boat, one almost 4 and one almost 2. I bought them a lot of the same thing but a slightly different version, some different things and a shared toy (playmobil petting zoo), every time they fight at the moment I tell them Santa wants to bring them toys to share and play with together but he won’t bring anything if he sees they can’t get along.

We used to say they got "good brother presents" and if they were nice to each other he'd being them an extra present to share :haha:

We have 3 boys and sometimes buy double presents or sometimes I buy a present for one child and swap them around depending what else they all have. Mine aren’t too bad at sharing but they do like to copy each other and play the same

I have two girls 3 and 5 and they fight non stop! Over the silliest thing.

I try not to buy two of everything but I do link things, for example DD1 got a playmobil hospital, DD2 got a playmobil farm.

2 boys age 7 and 5. They are into the same stuff mostly. I tend to get them the same thing but a different set or character that way they can play together. After xmas they all go in the box and it doesnt really matter whos was whos.
So for example they both have a hot wheel set but different ones, the both have a marvel figure but different ones, they both have a marvek nerf but ine has spiderman the other captain america
and so on. They have always been happy with this. They do have some items that are different aswell though.

I have bought my older boys (10 & 7) some similar/same items this year, they both love Nerf and have a whole arsenal of nerf guns they always play with so I have bought them a Nerf Mega Twinstrike each, also bought them a Nikko Velocitrax RC (different colour), robo Alive snake/lizard and a stunt drone (different brand), they have been getting along much better over the past few months so hopefully they will play together with them

My 2 girls have started fighting over toys a bit more lately, but other than a trampoline to share and a slinky in their stocking they haven't got anything the same.

I've got a feeling dd2 might fall out over dd1s shimmer and shine dolls. Its her birthday in Jan though, so I can always get some of the same stuff then if needs be.

I've got a friend who has 2 girls, closer in age than my 2 and she always buys 2 of everything to avoid the fighting.

I have three girls (4,5,7) and I used to get three of most things however now that they are older they are getting their own interests and tastes in things so they tend to get different things. Their stockings they tend to get the same but different versions of it if that makes sense.

I have one of each but they have similar tastes with a lot of things. They will be 5 & 4 on Christmas and have different things but then a couple of big joint things from Santa too. Before I have gotten them the same thing but different, so say a Paw Patrol nightlight, they both got one but got different pups.

I have a 6 year old (boy), 4 year old (girl) and 2 year old (girl).
DD1 has asked for a walking/interactive dog, I think DD2 will also love one so they're both getting one but I can't decide whether to get different ones or the same. I'm leaning towards different, so they don't get into the habit of wanting the same thing all the time. DS and DD1 are getting a lot of the same-but-different things in their stockings; nail varnish in different colours, character toothpaste in the same flavour but different characters, hair chalk in different colours.

If mine were likely to argue over toys if they didn't have the same then I'd probably just get duplicates, save the headache of constant arguing over toys! Anything for an easy Christmas :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->