Anyone else without a name yet for baby?

Julesillini8

2 Girls, baby #3 cookin
Reaction score
I am team yellow. We have a boys name, but not a girls name. I'm super picky and don't like any that my husband likes. I think it needs to be unique to go with my daughters name of Jessalyn. A few that we do both like ( but don't love) are 4 syllable names and I just can't picture my 22 month old daughter saying them! My fav name is Jayla.. It's short and sweet and not common. I can picture my little toddler saying it. My husband has come around to say he doesn't hate it so maybe we can go with that. But nothing is set. I would really like to enter the hospital with one boy name and one girl name. I'm not the kinda person to look at baby and decide. If we haven't decided in these 36 weeks so far, how can I decide in a day or so at the hospital. Just feeling the time crunch and really wish we were set. I feel like I'm probably the only one on here that doesn't have baby names lined up.

Maybe we're having a boy and this whole thing is a joke, because we've had our boy name from our first pregnancy...... But man oh man is a girls name stressing me out!

You're not the only one! Check out the Baby Names forum, you can get all sorts of help there. :)

I have a name picked..but with backlash we've gotten from family lately we've started telling people we don't have a name picked, and I think OH is actually starting to like other names better..now we have 2 names picked out and figure we will just know when we see her what her name will be, though I am secretly still hoping for my first pick.

We always fight about girl names! Lol if we were going to have a girl I liked Matilda (mati) no help its more old fashon

I have a name picked..but with backlash we've gotten from family lately we've started telling people we don't have a name picked, and I think OH is actually starting to like other names better..now we have 2 names picked out and figure we will just know when we see her what her name will be, though I am secretly still hoping for my first pick.

Ha interesting! Remember awhile back we were posting about this in second tri. We( me and my husband) both like arianna and Arabella.... They are just kinda long for me and I can't see my daughter saying them ( its weird that my daughter is a criteria for me, but it's important for me to picture her calling her sister by name) remember I was like " we may both have ariannas in the same day lol" the name game continues...

Oh and a side note, we had two girl names picked with our first pregnancy Jenna and Jessalyn. After he saw my labor and delivery experience, I got the name I wanted. So that may go in your favor! :)

We always fight about girl names! Lol if we were going to have a girl I liked Matilda (mati) no help its more old fashon

Gabriella is one that we both like, i think its so pretty. just doesnt seem like " the one" seems A tad bit long for my toddler.. I'm so weird about that! I suggested briella but my husband didn't like it......

I'm having a boy and still don't have a name picked out! I had a girls name ready but of course it's never that easy ;)
I'm pretty sure ill be picking a name once babes is born lol.

I'm having a boy and still don't have a name picked out! I had a girls name ready but of course it's never that easy ;)
I'm pretty sure ill be picking a name once babes is born lol.

You are brave, good for you! I don't think I could do that in the hospital! :)

Gabriella is one that we both like, i think its so pretty. just doesnt seem like " the one" seems A tad bit long for my toddler.. I'm so weird about that! I suggested briella but my husband didn't like it......

Like 99% of the time we call her gabbie or (if my cousin wasn't dating a bry already) it could of been shorten down to bri and a heads up NO ONE can spell gabriella every time any family writes it they leave out the I or e and when we go to the drs they drop the a off the end... its like wtf people! Lol I picked easy names cuz my mom spelled my name kali (kaylee) and every one calls me cali eh sorry lol vented a little

Ha! Yes, I really like it, but I just don't have the feeling that its " the one" for us.

Why don't you make a little list of names you like and ask her and have her say them

Oh no... Don't feel like you are the only one! We are team :yellow: all the way. No girl name or boy name in sight. We have a couple boy names that we half-way like, but baby will likely be named the day of the birth. :shrug: My Mom picked one of my brother's name out of a phone book the day they left the hospital! :dohh: I feel like I need to see both the gender, and what baby looks like before I decide. I hope the naming process isn't too horrifical! :thumbup:

we had a girls name from the moment we found out we were pregnant :)
... im having a boy! :haha:
i have my boys name too, its set in stone in my head, my OH just wont agree.. but there is NOTHING he likes, and nothing else i like, so i guess he will just have to get used to the name i have chosen lol ;) x

We've had our names picked from very early on. Once we found out it was a boy we made our pretty easy decision to go with Raffy. Luckily this one wasn't a girl, because we couldn't agree on any perfect girls name.

Thanks everyone for your comments! I really felt like I was the ONLY ONE without it all set, so glad to hear there are a few others out there. We do have a short list that we can agree on to like: of Arianna, Arabella, Gabriella, Aralyn to name a few. We both " like" these but don't " love" any of them, the way we loved our first girls name and the boys name we have. I however do " love" jayla, so I'm secretly hoping that works out for us. Just needed some support in your comments and thank you ladies for giving it! :) I appreciate the comments and hearing from others..... You will all have to stay tuned when I deliver to see the final result! ( and laugh at me when a boy comes out lol)

We know we're having a boy and still haven't decided on a name! We're so stuck but like you I don't want to be put on the spot in the hospital and choose something awful in a haze of just given birth/ drugs etc :haha:
I'm demanding we pick a name by 36 weeks!

We know we are having another girl but still have no firm favourite. It doesn't help that our older kids want a say!
Our family faves are:
Emily
Erin
Talia
Olivia

We know we're having a boy and still haven't decided on a name! We're so stuck but like you I don't want to be put on the spot in the hospital and choose something awful in a haze of just given birth/ drugs etc :haha:
I'm demanding we pick a name by 36 weeks!
Yes, you know how I feel!
Well you have a few more weeks than me! Hope you have something by 36 wks! I see your due date. My bday is july 12 and my daughter was born July 14 :)

We know we are having another girl but still have no firm favourite. It doesn't help that our older kids want a say!
Our family faves are:
Emily
Erin
Talia
Olivia

Well it's good you have a short list, hopefully the " one" will come about. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->