Anyone else WTT for medical reasons?

petitpas

Reaction score
This is actually the second time our baby plans are on hold due to medical issues.
In Jan 2009 I was diagnosed with multiple bilateral pulmonary emboli (blood clots in the lungs) and DVT. In order to complete treatment and to let my lungs heal, I was told not to TTC. So, our wedding went ahead last Summer but I had to stay on the pill. In Nov my haematologists gave us the all clear, supported by my gyno who I saw just before Christmas.
We were overjoyed to find out in February that we were pregnant!
Sadly, just over a week ago our hopes were dashed as we found out that it was a molar pregnancy.
Because of the follow-up and possible treatment involved baby-making is again on hold for another 6-12 months.

I was wondering whether anyone else was in a WTT situation for medical reasons and what they were?

Hey hun,

It is one of my reasons. I am waiting for a small op in May. I have a cyst on my left ovary & suspected endometriosis. I want to wait till I have had my op & they definatly know what is wrong with me. Cysts can be dangerous in pregnancy because they can take up room in your belly & preg hormones can cause cyst to accelerate in growth. It can cause the baby to not have enough waters around it and cause small babies and complications.

Hope you get better soon. I dont really know much about molar pregnancys.

xxx

4magpies, nobody seems to. I saw my gp yesterday and in his 10-12 years he's only seen two others. If I'm good at one thing, it's getting rare medical conditions :thumbup:

I have a bit of mild endo myself and had my last laparoscopy in September. It wasn't too bad and it helped us tremendously afterwards (no more painful sex!).

I hope all goes well with your op next month! Don't do something silly and get yourself pregnant before hand :winkwink: It's only a short time until then!!!

Haha. I wont. We are NTNP at the moment though. Yeah painful sex is the worst. Cant wait to feel better.

How would you explain a molar pregnancy? Does it grow wrong or something?

Sorry I dont want to sound stupid!

xxx

Well, as far as I understood (and this is new to me as well) it goes wrong right at the beginning. Either you have an empty egg which is then fertilised by a sperm. It only has the sperm's chromosomes, though, so it cannot become a baby. It still grows and so does the placenta. It just becomes a bubbly mass.

The second type is a normal egg that is fertilised by two sperm. That gives it too many chromosomes. A foetus can develop but it is abnormal and will not survive. I think, here, too, the placenta grows abnormally and sometimes you can only tell in the lab later whether there was any foetal tissue there.

Both types give off pregnancy hormones in abundance so you still get all the normal pregnancy symptoms like morning sickness and even an early bump. I had some spotting at 11+2 and was referred for an ultrasound a week earlier than planned.
They could tell from my ultrasound picture that it was most probably molar. I will get the lab results in the next ten days to confirm and then I will be registered with Charing Cross Hospital for follow up.

They took everything out by ERPC on Friday but need to make sure the mole is not still growing or has bits growing in other parts of the body. So I will need to give them blood and urine samples over the next few months so that they can check whether my pregnancy hormones are going down. If they drop back to normal, then I need to wait a few months before TTC just to make sure. If they don't drop, then I will need further treatment and things will take even longer.

By the way, this is all information that I gleaned from the internet and some of it has been confirmed by my gyno, but I could totally be wrong on some of the details :haha:

I agree, painful sex really sucks so I hope they sort it out for you! Mine, they reckon, was due to endometriosis on the uterosacral ligament. They didn't have to take it out, though, and managed to scrape it off so to speak. Not that it would have bothered me as they can take that ligament out and you wouldn't normally notice says my gyno!

We are wtt as I had Type 1 diabetes and my doctors want my A1C between 6-7 for at least 6 months. High and low blood sugars can be like poison to a new fetus and there is a good chance of mc if it is not controlled. I lost a baby before I got pregnant with Rian. It was extremely hard on myself and DH. I want to make sure I am within my target and stay there.

Hi there, I'm new and WTT. We're waiting because I need to have a tubal reversal. I had them tied after my son was born.

After years of prayer and asking dh has decided he wants another. So...we started the process a couple months ago. Next step is dh's testing, then we'll meet with the surgeon and find out if we are good candidates.

So, next step is june 8. I hope to be ttc by Jan 1.

Hi there, I'm new and WTT. We're waiting because I need to have a tubal reversal. I had them tied after my son was born.

After years of prayer and asking dh has decided he wants another. So...we started the process a couple months ago. Next step is dh's testing, then we'll meet with the surgeon and find out if we are good candidates.

So, next step is june 8. I hope to be ttc by Jan 1.

Hi Lisa. I hope everything goes well for you! You will definitely get useful information on here for when you get your go-ahead. I had no idea about fertile times, ovulation etc when we started but joining on here and charting really helped me. Then of course you already have one so you know how things work :) how old is your son if you don't mind me asking?

My little boy is seven! he'll be 8 in october... it's been a process to get the go ahead. :)

I;m sorry about your molar pregnancy. I hope all goes well for you when you finally get the go ahead again!

Hi Lisa,
Somehow I missed your reply!

An 8-year-old will be perfect help with a newborn :winkwink:

I had some doubt thrown into the diagnosis today. The doctor was pretty sure when I saw him, but today he copied me in a letter to my gp where he says it is just a suspicion and lists the reasons why it may not be? I am trying not to take it seriously as I will be crushed if I get my hopes up that it is 'just' a missed miscarriage and that we can go back to TTC. *sigh*

I should add that I won't find out the lab results until next Wednesday.

Dee, I truly hope everything goes well for you and that you'll be back to ttc-ing in no time :hugs:

I am WTT because I suffer from an anxiety disorder. I am not advancing quickly either, I keep thinking I will be better in the very near future but then I am not. I am going to try a new strategy because I am going nowhere quickly. I am already 33, 34 next month, and have been with DH for nearly 10 years, living together 6 years, I really want a bubba :(, just to try to get pregnant would be incredible.

Calm,
I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety disorder. That really doesn't sound like something to put a time limit on. :hugs:

Just had a quick look at your weight loss pictures and I am sooooo amazed - you have done a fantastic job and should be really proud of yourself! :thumbup:

Thank you, I don't know how I could have put on so much weight in the first place, it was deffo because of the medication. You can't put a time limit on it, no, but its my fault for not doing the proper work, that's why I need to do, and then I will be nearer to TTC. Lets hope we can all go for it very soon X

Yeah your weight loss is amazing well done!!

Hope you get where you want to be hun.
xx

I'm having a few thing done this month to determine whether or not I have Chrons disease. I decided to get all that out of the way before ttc.

mbara,
That sounds like a sensible decision! It is much easier to have investigations and treatment put in place before you are pregnant.

I was given some good-ish news today. The tissue samples that were sent to the lab were not confirmed as molar. They weren't confirmed as fetal tissue, either, so it could just be down to where they took the samples from. But, without positive evidence of molar tissue, my doctor is going with an MMC.

It is a sad relief that I am feeling now and as I write this I am awaiting medication-induced cramps to expell some more tissue. So this is not all over yet, but when I am ready and choose to, I can move over to TTC again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->